Has anyone every converted?

mominabigtruck

I'm wondering because I am considering becoming catholic since I am sending ds to private catholic school next year. Not only do I want to be up to speed on what they're teaching but its a huge savings in tuition also. Currently I don't go to church at all but was raised pentecostal so I don't know alot about catholism. I just wanted to know what was in involved and how hard it is? Thanks

ADS

Namegirl

Senior Community Member
I was raised Catholic, so I've never converted, but you'd let the priest/office know that you're interested in becoming Catholic. Then they'd probably set you up with classes called RCIA. How often these meet depends on your church. If you want to convert and the timing/time of the classes makes it impossible for you, then most priests will work something out for you.

If you've never been baptized at all, then you'd need baptism, First communion, and confirmation and you can get those all in one shot (usually at Easter time, they do this in big groups). If you've had a trinitarian baptism of some sort (with some other Christian religion), then you'd just need communion and confirmation.

Most parishes have an organized process to help you with everything. :)

canadianmom2three

Just so you know, it is not always necessary to convert to be up on what they are teaching, and part of the worship. My DH is catholic, and while we were married in the catholic church, and are actively raising all 3 of our children in the faith, enrolled in Catholic schools, I am not Catholic. After speaking with the priest, he assured me that I am welcome to follow and participate in all aspects of the mass within my personal comfort, which I do. The only limitation is not being able to recieve communion, instead I am given a blessing. While I am still setting a good example for my children, I am not 100% ready to join the Catholic church.

LuvBug

lol! you sound like me. Im considering joining the church connected to DS's school because they get a 15% discount lol! Im personally non denominational, but my parents were married in that church and I went to VBS there during the summers. They are presbyterian though, a little easier to convert to than catholic(less to memorize lol!).
Man Im cheap! Is that a sin?? :p

(Id only join if I actually liked them though, wouldnt waste my time on a place I didnt agree with)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC