Do I want an Evenflo Symphony65

autumnlily

Yes, I want one - but would like to hear pro's and con's from owners of this seat so that I can either get the seat out of my mind or go a head and sell a seat or two to justify it.

1st off, I really really want a very girly pattern and the only one coming close to it is the circles.

• installed it in my van, rear facing and had plenty of room left for my 6ft 2" hubby to drive.
  • My children are small. My 4y5m old is still under 35lbs and with a 14" torso (this seat is not for her).
  • Her twins sisters appear to be on the same growth curve and if they jump higher - I do own a few RN 65SL seats... so the 35lb limit is mute.

I haven't tried a child in the seat yet. For those who have - how did your child like it (RF/FF/and booster)?

I'm not interested in the new seats being released by Evenflo soon, as I want the booster function - I think.

I'm thinking of getting rid of a least 1 MA, possible RA and possible MyRide (not my favorite FF and I have enough RF seats to work with).

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
You DO what the new seats that are coming out, and don't care about the booster.

Niche seat. ;)

autumnlily

I have a feeling though, that telling my hubby that it has a booster option... he might just believe me that I won't buy anymore seats :whistle:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ohhh. I just tell Gabe that I got a great deal. Now, to find a great deal on a cowmoo frontier 85.

we have had both symphonys and LOVE the 65, my oldest dd who is almost 9 can still fit in it but is on the last slot, and my 2.3 yr old has a TON of room rfing and ffing in it,

Mommy0608

I recently won a Symphony65 in a Facebook contest. DS is using it RF right now, and I really like the seat. The only complaint I have is the relatively short height room for RF use. DS still has plenty of room, but he won't last as long as he would in other seats (we also have a True Fit, so it's not a concern for us). If you don't need extra height, it might be just fine. :) I can't really comment on FF or booster use, haven't used it that way. It does have a shorter max harness height than many other seats available, but again, if height isn't an issue, I don't see a problem with it.

autumnlily

I guess I have I have a thing for "niche" seats... CCO, RA and now wanting a Symphony65. I have such short and little torso girls (seriously, my 4y5m is just now outgrown or dead even with the RA top slot).

SavsMom

I have one and love it. My daughter is a peanut so I too wasn't all that concerned about the RF height and weight as she still has tons of growing room in it. Rear facing outboard passenger side of my Forester, my front passenger still has tons of leg room and can sit quite comfortably.

It gives her tons of rear facing leg room, it is super easy to adjust, and I found that the SureLatch was easy to use in my car (although its not in some) once I found the trick to getting it to tighten up a bit more. Belt install was pretty simple as well.

While this seat certainly isn't for everyone it is working quite well for us - I actually moved my Radian to the other car in favor of using this as her primary seat.

autumnlily

I went and played with it and had the girls try it out. I :love: the install and RF space for DH. And harness height adjuster. However, and this is a big, however, in my book - I did not like tightening the straps. The continuous harness thing is a challenge to a novice like me and no way could DH or grandma's get this one figured out. :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC