Evenflo AMP booster

skitle1802

Anyone have one? Like, love, hate? Why?
I'm thinking of rearranging my burb to get DD1 and DS1 back into boosters, they are acctually begging me!!! 8 and 7 years old, they fit well in the third row selt belts without boosters. I don't really need a new booster but DD1 :love: the pink AMP.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I don't have one but have seen them at Target. They look to be almost as wide at back as at front to me? The belt path looks like it might be good for bigger, older kids, but might not position well on smaller/younger kids.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I don't have one but have seen them at Target. They look to be almost as wide at back as at front to me? The belt path looks like it might be good for bigger, older kids, but might not position well on smaller/younger kids.

That's my impression as well -- good for big kids (kids who are big enough to use backlesses by c-s.org's standards ;) ), but not great for little ones.

skitle1802

My DD1 is 54" and about 65 lbs. will be 9 in sept.
DS1 is 51" and about 58lbs. will be 8 in sept. (He will be riding in the Vivo I got in Swap)
I agree with the fit for bigger kids.
I'm not sure I like the pad. It looks cheap in the promotional photos and IRL.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I have one, but I can't measure it right now because I am at my parents' house and my AMP is at my house.

I like it a lot, though. It works well for my big passengers who only need a backless booster. :)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Does the pad hold up well? Do the kids complain about lack of padding? Thanks.

Mine has only been used about six times, so the pad is holding up well. :) I haven't had any complaints about lack of padding, but all rides have been relatively short.

mamabear

I just looked at this at Target today!!

I like it, but DD liked the black/flower print Backless TB. I held the AMP and the backless TB right next to each other and the *LOOK* almost exactly the same, size and shape wise. I didn't measure, but I put it back becasue it looks so much like the same size as the TB we already have.

If anyone has good things to say about it though I may go back for it. I could use a spare for field trips and playdates;)
( I always get grumbles from the kids who don't want to ride in "baby seats" and thought the AMP looks more grown up)

NVMBR02

I have one. I can measure when I get home from class. It is cold out at the moment and I don't want to get it out of dh's trunk. :cool:

We haven't really used ours since dd just turned 6 and I want her in a HB for awhile but we really like it. It fits my small dd well and places the lapbelt nice and low. It feels really sturdy. The pad seems like it will hold up fine, but I guess time will tell. I have tried dd in it in both my cars (Ford Fusion, VW Golf) and would let her ride in it in both cars if we didn't have another seat available. I have a really busy day today but I can try to get some pictures of it next to a backless turbo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC