Bad Bad SONY!!!!

lovinwaves

Well, I am totally sick about this! Our SXRD XBR 50" Sony TV has suddenly over the past week or two developed an approx. 2" wide colored (Greenish, yellowish, blackish) line through the screen. It is only on the left side, and seems to change in color depending on what is on the TV. I called Sony and of course they had no idea what could be the prob so we have to have a local repair place come out and look at it.

Well, here's the kicker......It was purchased February 1st of last year, so basically days *Out of Warranty*.

If they do not cover this under warranty this will be OUR LAST SONY EVER!!!! I am so upset :mad: :( We are very loyal to the Sony brand, but they better stand behind their product.

Last edited:
ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
That SUCKS! Sorry to hear this!

You didn't by chance buy the extra warrenty did you?

southpawboston

is it plasma or LCD?

that sucks about being a few days out of warranty. hopefully sony will be decent in warranting it. did you buy it on a credit card? some credit cards automatically double the mfr's warranty, so you may want to check into that.

lovinwaves

is it plasma or LCD?

Neither, it is Sony's Spread Spectrum Silicon based (not quite sure all the details, or if I just worded that right). It is basically similar to DLP but has been resolution. It is the inbetween for a DLP and Plasma TV. In fact I highly recommend it, as long as Sony proves their customer relations is strong.

did you buy it on a credit card? some credit cards automatically double the mfr's warranty, so you may want to check into that.

Nope...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC