Second convetible seat recommendation...

labibliofool

For a second vehicle (Saturn SL2) in which an infant will ride less than a mile a day, weekdays during the school year?

We have a Britax Marathon currently in the second car but, it will move to the primary car (Mazda5) when DS2 (currently 27" at 4 months) outgrows his Graco SnugRide.

Also, I'm currently unemployed and finances are tight. I know there are less expensive seats out there but DS1 had a Marathon, it was a great fit for him, hence being a repeat customer. Anyone have a good experience with a less costly seat? Thanks in advance!

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
A Scenera is inexpensive and fits littles well -- it usually needs noodles for a RFing installation, but if you don't have to move or reinstall often, it's a very cost-effective choice.

labibliofool

Thank you, I looked them up online and they're definitely in the budget. I sincerely doubt car #2 would be in an accident with DS2, one right turn onto the next street and a right turn into the daycare provider's home. I realize *anything* is possible but there's just not much traffic in the neighborhood super early, you know?

We wouldn't be moving the seat until DS2 goes FF, which won't be for a long while! When you say a noodle for positioning do you mean a pool noodle? Thanks again!

NannyMom

What seats is DS1 in? You said he had a Marathon, is he still in it? If he is in a convertible, it might be a good idea to pass that down to DS2 and get a new seat for DS1.

labibliofool

DS1 is 8 years old and 4'9". :) He's got a Parkway in car #2 that will be long expired before DS2 is big enough for it. He's in a belt positioning booster in car #1.

He had a Marathon back in the day, and our ILs got us one as a gift for DS2 but we're going to put that into car #1, the car that actually accrues mileage with the kids in tow.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC