Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Question Help!! Need to find coupons for a new britax advocate !!!

I HATE my new radian XTSL, so I am going to get a Britax Advocate. Does anyone know of any deals out there right now

Please Help!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Help!! Need to find coupons for a new britax advocate !!!

I think Amazon is having a sale now...

and this one is on sale:

http://www.albeebaby.com/britax-advo...moonstone.html
    Kate - Mom to 2 boys! - CPST

It's off! Yipee!

Do you have a BRU near you? You can get one in-store with this coupon for 299.99 with this coupon...($10- off of every $50 you spend on baby gear)

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/medi...50710-cpns.pdf

Above poster had a better deal though!
    Heather, proud mommy to:
    Dustin 12y & 105 lbs 5-stepped/Seatbelt only
    Colton 6y & 43lb FF RXT/Pinnacle/FR90
    Peyton 5y & 38lb FF in Sureride/FR90/FR85

Here is one on Ebay for $269. Says it is an authorized dealer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Box-Britax-A...item1e5bcd490c

PS
    Why do you hate it? I love mine!
    Heather, proud mommy to:
    Dustin 12y & 105 lbs 5-stepped/Seatbelt only
    Colton 6y & 43lb FF RXT/Pinnacle/FR90
    Peyton 5y & 38lb FF in Sureride/FR90/FR85

Thanks everyone for the responses.

I hate it because when my son falls asleep, his head just slumps over. There isnt any place for his head to go except forward. I have him FF with the radian reclined all the way. Also when I first got it, the crotch buckle was broken -- the did send me a new one though. Also I have a very hard time trying to tighten the harness. I have only been using it for a few weeks and initially had him rear facing. When he was RF, I could easily tighten the strap, but FF seems impossible.
    Last edited by mommie; 05-08-2010 at 05:00 PM. Reason: typo

After lots of research, I found the advocate ( the newest model ) for only $266!!

Carseat Crankypants carseatcoach's Avatar

I'm glad you found what you wanted, but purchasing a convertible for a child who is forward-facing (age? size?) is not a very cost-effective choice. There are good combination seats that will last much longer harnessed and then convert to a booster.
    CPST and Mama to a 13yo girl, 5-stepped at age 10 and 5'

Posted from my toaster using a PopTart

I have had the Boulevard before and loved it. I have a very small toddler and would turn him RF once I got the Advocate. The Radian just doesnt work for us RF or FF. I believe that the Advocate is just like the Boulevard, just with the extra foam on the sides. Correct me if I am wrong.

Carseat Crankypants carseatcoach's Avatar

If you're going to RF him again, then yes, a convertible is an appropriate choice.

For a FFing child, a Frontier or Nautilus would be a much more cost-effective seat.
    CPST and Mama to a 13yo girl, 5-stepped at age 10 and 5'

Posted from my toaster using a PopTart

Niether one of those options allow him to sleep comfortably. I am not worried about the money factor. Safety and Comfort are most important to me. I would like to find a deal though and I found the Advocate Onyx for $266. I wonder why everyone has the Moonstone for such a dis****ed price. Maybe older DOM?

(I prefer a seat with more of a recline instead of sitting straight up since he sleeps in the car quite often)
    Last edited by mommie; 05-09-2010 at 08:09 AM. Reason: typo

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by mommie View Post
    Niether one of those options allow him to sleep comfortably. I am not worried about the money factor. Safety and Comfort are most important to me. I would like to find a deal though and I found the Advocate Onyx for $266. I wonder why everyone has the Moonstone for such a dis****ed price. Maybe older DOM?

(I prefer a seat with more of a recline instead of sitting straight up since he sleeps in the car quite often)
    You could have diapers.com price match whichever color you choose - that way you could use bing for 10% back (saving you another $26) and if the seat comes and the DOM is too old, you can return it for free... (if you're a new customer, you could use all the new customer discounts as well)
    HTH!

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mommie View Post
    I have had the Boulevard before and loved it. I have a very small toddler and would turn him RF once I got the Advocate. The Radian just doesnt work for us RF or FF. I believe that the Advocate is just like the Boulevard, just with the extra foam on the sides. Correct me if I am wrong.
    Yes, it is a boulevard with air cushions on the sides. the only other difference is that it only comes in the CS version. Some of us find the CS harness adjuster to be more difficult to use than the regular, although still probably not as hard as the radian's. And don't believe the clicking because the CS feature does not work.

Especially if you haven't used the CS harness before, I would strongly consider doing a price match and buying through diapers.com (or somewhere with a good return policy) just in case you hate it and need to return it. I would make sure to play with the adjuster before actually using it just in case. So I would install it and put your kid in it and adjust it before removing the tag or driving anywhere with it so you know whether you like it before you have committed to it. Not trying to scare you and you may like it.

I tried a radian and wanted to like it, but in the end there were too many annoying and very un-user friendly things about it so I returned it. I've become spoiled by seats with user friendly features and I believe, especially given how common misuse is, that they should all be as user friendly as possible.

And I understand about needing the recline for sleeping because my older daughter who is FF moved into a Nautilus and that head slump is awful. My toddler is RF in Britax convertibles and she sleeps great!

Athena -

Thanks for the post. I just put my order in for the Advovate. I was able to get the newest model in ONYX thru diapers.com for only $255 which is regularly $369. The mooonstone is clearanced for $279. Not sure why it is on close-out but I didnt want to end up with a used car seat... I am not sure what they do with the seats that are returned to them.

I think the Advocate will fit great in my car. I did actually have the Blvd CS and I loved it. I didnt have any problems with the harness adjuster like some other posters. I will keep my fingers crossed that I dont have any issues with the Advocate.

As for the Radian - I wanted to like it too, but it is way to complicated -- we even tried it in 4 vehicles and it is just so hard to get a good fit. A good fit is possible in some cars, but it is more complicated than the easy to use Britax.

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
    You could have diapers.com price match whichever color you choose - that way you could use bing for 10% back (saving you another $26) and if the seat comes and the DOM is too old, you can return it for free... (if you're a new customer, you could use all the new customer discounts as well)
    HTH!
    Thanks for the pricematch idea. I did get it down to $255. I couldnt figure out the bing thing, but its okay. I ended up getting over $100 off.
    Thanks!