Questions for the CD Mamas!!

Jimaie(mom2boys)

I have a 3.9yr old son who still isnt completely nighttime trained. As of right now we are using the Parents Choice Brand size 6 diapers on him at night but it is beginning to be a tight fit...we were using Pull UP at night but he was consistently soaking through them without fail.

I'm wondering what you feel is the best Cloth Diapering option for a nighttime solution for a almost 4yr old?

Thank you so much!

ADS

scatterbunny

We LOVE our Fuzzi Bunz. :) I'd go with a pocket-style no matter what, they are made of a waterproof outer layer, a flannel or fleece inner layer, with an opening at the back waistband to stuff with your choice of absorbent material. I use a microterry (or maybe it is microfleece? don't know) insert sized for the extra-large pocket diapers, plus a quad-folded towel (like a dishtowel, not sure what it is, got it from a friend who used it the same way I am).

Hayley was consistently soaking through Pull-Ups and GoodNites, but in the month or so that we've had the Fuzzi Bunz, not a SINGLE leak. I honestly did not expect them to be so good.

I've heard that Happy Heinys are good, too, and also Snap-EZ. There are pocket trainers, and pocket diapers. Some pocket trainers come with snaps on the sides, some don't. Some pocket diapers come with snaps, some with velcro.

They wash and dry really quickly, too.

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
I second the Fuzzi Bunz. I'd also recomend some type of hemp insert. Hemp is super absorbant. I always used BabyKicks inserts or hemp prefolds and my super soaker DD never leaked during the night. :D

Duckieheart

Bamboo is another good choice for an insert. For nights, usually the best combo is one of microfiber and either hemp or bamboo. Hemp is easier to find. Microfiber will absorb faster, while hemp will absorb more- so make sure the microfiber is closest to DS (but never put microfiber on the skin, it will dry it out).

However- you may actually do better with another style. A pocket will wick the moisture away (same as a disposable). If you went with something so that the moisture wasnt wicked away- he may feel it and it may help him to train. However- if its a physical issue- and not a training one- I think a pocket would be fine. FB is a good choice- the fit most kids of different shapes easily.

Also a note- most pocket trainers wont have a big enough pocket that you could stuff for nighttime. They are usually trimmer, because you are hoping they dont pee in them as much, KWIM?

Heres a link to the XL FB-
http://www.homegrownbabystore.com/catalog.php?item=6&catid=10&ret=catalog.php?category=10
The insert Id reccomend (the FB will come with an insert. Honestly- they make a great diaper but only a decent insert. For nights, a CB will last longer and absorb more)
http://www.homegrownbabystore.com/catalog.php?item=131&catid=5&ret=catalog.php?category=5
And a link to a hemp doubler. Depending on how much he actually wets at night, you may be able to use a trimmer hemp if the bulk bother you or him:
http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_info.php?cPath=94&products_id=970

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I second (or third!) the Fuzzi-Bunz recommendation... Great diaper. We used prefolds almost all the time, but for an older child at night, I think FB would be the way to go.

scatterbunny

My dd is almost 50 pounds and 4 feet tall, and the XL Fuzzi Bunz fit her, with one more snap to loosen the waist and thigh, yet she was too big for the biggest size Pull-Ups. DO go by the measurements listed on the size chart for the Fuzzi Bunz or Happy Heinys or Snap-EZ. I worried that XL would not be big enough, but they fit fine. An XXL would work, too, but dd likes her panties low-rise and that's how the XL FBs fit her.

racesmom

Senior Community Member
We love Snap-EZ trainers!! They're a little $$, but you'd really only need two and some stuffins. Ruth makes awesome stuffers, or you could try what you have- t-shirts, cut up towels, micro towels, etc.

I like trainers for kids since they pull up and down like underwear.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC