When did you put your TF headrest on?

jessi f

I just realized I could have waited ALOT longer... :rolleyes: She's stayed at 20ish lbs way longer than I thought she would. And her head isnt nearly as close to the line as I thought it was. I got all paranoid about her being to close to the limits and put it on a couple of month ago. Oops... I havent had her weighed for a while so I'm going to leave it on just in case. Her 9 month checkup is soon so maybe if she's still hovering at 20 lbs and some change I'll take it off. When did you LOs need it? Does it seem more safe to you to have it on? I know it's safe as long as your not over the limit but all that extra shell over her head does give me an extra feeling of security

2253647060104039541S600x600Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ADS

msg221

I didn't even get my TFP until Zain was 22 months and 25 pounds and his head was right about at the line so I had to put the headrest on. I can't believe how much bigger that seat is in the inside than his Britax Advocate. He looks so tiny in it!

Spam

A was already 22lbs when we started using it around 5.5 months. I hated how big the interior was then, because it was when the insert had to be removed at 22lbs also and he just didn't fill it out enough. He was still kind of squishy baby to me. I didn't like it until he was older.

leighi123

I switched ds to the Radian in January, and at that point I had JUST put it on b/c he was 22.5lbs. He was way under the red line though. He was 2.5!

He is still tiny, he will be 3 in July, and yes the stats in my siggy are current.

tiggercat

You could have waited, but I'd rather have it on earlier rather than later.
I just wanted to reply so I could say how adorable your daughter (and that seat, love the colours!) is :love:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
No harm doing it now.

Laine doesn't have hers on yet. She's 7.5 months, 15 pounds and a little, and has about as much room above her head as your DD does. So she's got a while.

Wendy

jessi f

A was already 22lbs when we started using it around 5.5 months. I hated how big the interior was then, because it was when the insert had to be removed at 22lbs also and he just didn't fill it out enough. He was still kind of squishy baby to me. I didn't like it until he was older.

I tried to like the infant insert when we first got the seat but I felt like it made her sit up out of the seat to far. She's really tall though. I worried about her not having anywhere to lay her head but she's never had slumping issues.

I switched ds to the Radian in January, and at that point I had JUST put it on b/c he was 22.5lbs. He was way under the red line though. He was 2.5!

He is still tiny, he will be 3 in July, and yes the stats in my siggy are current.

He is a little peanut! You'll be able to RF him til college ;)

i just wanted to say that your daughter is freakin adorable!! i love her cheeks!! :D

You could have waited, but I'd rather have it on earlier rather than later.
I just wanted to reply so I could say how adorable your daughter (and that seat, love the colours!) is :love:

That's kind of how I felt about it. And thank you, I think Masyn and her little butterfly seat look like they were made for each other :D

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I tried to like the infant insert when we first got the seat but I felt like it made her sit up out of the seat to far. She's really tall though. I worried about her not having anywhere to lay her head but she's never had slumping issues.

You can take the insert out, but leave the headrest in. That's what I have in mine right now.

Wendy

Mae

I got the TF when my DCC was 22mos. I put the headrest on, however, she wasn't over the line-- or even close to it, for that matter, but she was 22lbs.

In my mom's car, DNi and DNe share the seat, so it's on -- DNe (14mos) weighs roughly 19lbs, DNi (19.5mos) weighs roughly 17lbs, but both are below the line.

armywife12

We got the True Fit when Caleb was 7 months old and he had justh it 22lbs so we always had to use the headrest. He was a few inches under the red line though. He probably would have needed the headrest because of height around 14 months old or so. I'm not a fan of the infant inserts unless being used for an infant. They were too bulky for Caleb when we first got the seat and, when we used the seat for my niece when she was 4 months old, they were too bulky for her lol. She fit much better in the seat without the inserts and the seat being so wide was never an issue.

babygirlsmom1005

I had Marshall's headrest on, then took it off....it's been off for a good few months now. He's no where near the weight limit and has a lot of room to grow height wise. I'm keeping it off, I like the nice little cute seat without the headrest on it.

jessi f

Thanks for all the answers :) The seat is pretty adorable without the headrest so if she's still under 21 lbs I may take it off for a bit and just keep an eye out for a growth spurt. I'll try her with the little infant headrest in the seat too, I was kind of sad to never get to use all of the padding with the seat bc it's really cute it just didnt seem like a good fit for her.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC