RF Tether in Murano

scoutingbear

Installed RF radian today in dh's Murano for the respite 20 month old we'll have tomorrow. (Well, he'll have him. I'm going out to lunch with his foster mother and good friend of mine. ;) ) Anyway, besides not being able to do the 3 across that I KNOW worked previously with my GN's and a RF radian, I could NOT find a place to RF tether the seat. The D ring is very much too short to go around the very wide front seat track or whatever you call it. That is where I anchor RF for my Highlander. His car is an '09. I'm hoping someone can help. My plan for the baby is a RF Radian in dh's car cuz I want the Coccoro in mine!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'd be happy to help you look sometime.

You can also make the parental decision (which SK says is ok, apparently Britax says is not, though they told me it was at one point) to use a different (Britax) d-ring if that will work.

scoutingbear

KQ, I need your help in more ways than one for this car! It is the most car seat UNfriendly car I have ever met. We'll need to find a time to get together. I will try the Britax ring in the morning (forgot to include it when I sold my MA). I think it is a little longer, but not holding out hope that it will make it all the way around either!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Well, if it doesn't, we'll have to look for a place together. Look for anything non-moveable and bolted directly to the frame. Is this seat center or outboard? Sometimes for outboard seats in some cars you can use a spot where a seatbelt for the seat in front is anchored to the frame...

We'll have a good ol' play within the next month. Especially after your CCO comes, right? :D

scoutingbear

Seat is center right now, but I'm willing to try anything. I'll need to get a booster, a GN, and the Radian in and with any luck, have the kid buckle his own booster. If it can work in my car, it should be able to work in his! His backseat is a couple inches wider!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC