Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

RF Tether in Murano

Installed RF radian today in dh's Murano for the respite 20 month old we'll have tomorrow. (Well, he'll have him. I'm going out to lunch with his foster mother and good friend of mine. ) Anyway, besides not being able to do the 3 across that I KNOW worked previously with my GN's and a RF radian, I could NOT find a place to RF tether the seat. The D ring is very much too short to go around the very wide front seat track or whatever you call it. That is where I anchor RF for my Highlander. His car is an '09. I'm hoping someone can help. My plan for the baby is a RF Radian in dh's car cuz I want the Coccoro in mine!
    Karen
    A: 11 C: 9 M1: 5 M2: 6 months
    [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Black"]

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: RF Tether in Murano

I'd be happy to help you look sometime.

You can also make the parental decision (which SK says is ok, apparently Britax says is not, though they told me it was at one point) to use a different (Britax) d-ring if that will work.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

KQ, I need your help in more ways than one for this car! It is the most car seat UNfriendly car I have ever met. We'll need to find a time to get together. I will try the Britax ring in the morning (forgot to include it when I sold my MA). I think it is a little longer, but not holding out hope that it will make it all the way around either!
    Karen

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Well, if it doesn't, we'll have to look for a place together. Look for anything non-moveable and bolted directly to the frame. Is this seat center or outboard? Sometimes for outboard seats in some cars you can use a spot where a seatbelt for the seat in front is anchored to the frame...

We'll have a good ol' play within the next month. Especially after your CCO comes, right?
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Seat is center right now, but I'm willing to try anything. I'll need to get a booster, a GN, and the Radian in and with any luck, have the kid buckle his own booster. If it can work in my car, it should be able to work in his! His backseat is a couple inches wider!
    Karen