Car seat check event in Burbank, CA 5/8/10

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Tomorrow, 5/8/2010, there will be a check event in Burbank, CA for Fire Service Day. The checks will be from 9 AM to 2 PM, and will be located at the Burbank Police-Fire HQ at Orange Grove and Third. I will be there checking seats along with some CHP officers (whom I can't vouch for personally, sometimes we get really great officers and sometimes not, but I'll be there and hopefully able to keep a little bit of an eye on them. ;) ) There will be all kinds of other things to do too, including fire vehicle displays, Child ID kits (fingerprinting and photos, etc.) by Kids Are 1st (the organization I volunteer with), and other demonstrations and booths, and this follows a pancake breakfast, I hear.

Anyone needing a check in the area is welcome to drop by, and of course any techs in the area can PM me if you'd like to help! This is a great time of year for check events in Burbank, though they're not hugely publicized, we'll be doing another one in Burbank June 5. Hope to see anyone there who wants to come!

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Have fun! :D Do they ever need non-tech volunteers at these things?

I can't speak for KQ's organization, but I know that SafetyBeltSafe uses non-tech volunteers all the time at their checks. (Not that they have many, but when they do, they're big.) I think you might have to go through a couple-hour class, but I'm not sure. I can find out for you if you want.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I would love to have someone to help me as a scribe, help direct traffic when things are busy, and keep me company. ;) We had 2 CHP officers and me checking seats today; over 5 hours we did over 30 seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC