Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Which lightweight stroller?? Combi, Mac or Aria?

Which Combi?? ST or DX? Maclereon or Peg Perago Aria?
    Are last years models okay?

Please help with this decision for best lightweight after the Graco travel system? DS is 7 months old, 18 lbs. DH and I are not tall (5'7" and 5'2") I am confused by all of the choices. I want it to recline and have some storage room, but lightweight is a top feature too, so I am realistic on storage space!
    Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Re: Which lightweight stroller?? Combi, Mac or Aria?

I have a Combi which isn't my favorite...kind of hard to steer and fold, and my 1 yo looks kind of crammed in there (I loved it when she was much younger...). A maclaren quest is a great stroller, older year models are ok. It can be 'tippy' when you have a kid who gets out of it to walk and you have bags hanging off the back. I'm digging my new 2007 Aria (the older ones aren't so hot), and I'm a confirmed maclaren lover, so that's saying a lot (I just wanted a big roomy reclining seat and snack tray and huge canopy, but it only weighs 12 pounds). Any better baby stores around you so you can go give them all a push and see which you love? You might just want to go with a lighter maclaren as a 'trunk stroller', a Triumph, maybe, that folds down to nothing and has a carry strap, and then use the Graco for full days out?
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

CPS Technician

Do you need one that reclines? If not, I have a Silver Cross Micro from 1995 that I am needing to sell.
    Janice, no longer a CPST, and now a single Mommy to C, 10 and big enough to pass the 5-step test and S(born 12/9/09), in a Roundabout 50.

Carseat Crazy

What about a Zooper? The Twist is nice, reclines and has storage space (and is fairly lightweight). HTH

Maclaren hands down...I've had an Aria (hated it) and haven't even wasted my money on combi's because I hate them in the store.

I vote maclaren all the way...maybe I'm just a tad biased since I've owned, um, lessee...at least 7 of them now.
    Last edited by strollerfreak; 03-02-2007 at 01:28 PM. Reason: because I can't count
    ~Mel, Ex-CPST, Triathlete & Mom of 5ReiKids + 1E!!!

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strollerfreak View Post
    Maclaren hands down...I've had an Aria (hated it) and haven't even wasted my money on combi's because I hate them in the store.

I vote maclaren all the way...maybe I'm just a tad biased since I've owned, um, lessee...at least 7 of them now.
    oooh, mel, you HAVE to try the new Aria OH...it should have a different name, it's so different from the old hunk a junk Aria :P

I do love a good mac, though... if it had a snack tray and a huge hood, I'd have bought one
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Carseat Crazy

We have the Maclaren Volo and love it. It is great. DD does not nap in the stroller, so we didn't need the recline. It is so easy to fold and very light. It has pretty high/tall handles. It is great.

Katie
    Katie - 34
    Taylor - 5/8/05 Nautilus, Monterey and Parkway
    Sam - 4/5/07 Nautilus, Safeguard and Frontier

Carseat Crazy

I can't help you with those, but I have a Chicco tuscany, and it's more than enough for us.. inexpensive but beats your departmentstore stroller hands down any day. I don't think it's as light as the ones you listed, but it's plenty convenient for me.
    Mama to three across in a 2003 Taurus. DS1, 7 yrs 51" &55lbs evenflo big kid dlx . DS2, 4 yrs, 37lbs ff in an uptown, and DD 27 months, 26lbs, rf center in a Radian.

Quote Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
    oooh, mel, you HAVE to try the new Aria OH...it should have a different name, it's so different from the old hunk a junk Aria :P

I do love a good mac, though... if it had a snack tray and a huge hood, I'd have bought one
    Yes, but see, the problem therein lies in the fact that if I try it and like it I will covet one until I manage to get my grubby little paws on one...and as if I *need* one...LOL
    ~Mel, Ex-CPST, Triathlete & Mom of 5ReiKids + 1E!!!