Help with Radian

jewlsvern

OK other than the weight differences and covers is there really a difference between the 3.
I need something gender neutral to go with my EFTA which is black and gray.
What about the covers that are breathable mesh fabric? Are they similar to the Nauti?

I like the 65 in Granite, the 80 in Metro and Sport and the XT in Ventura and Eclipse. With all the coupon codes and sales I can get them at a decent price but is it really worth it for a different cover?

My kids are both RF. DD is 3 and is 27 lbs and DS is 9 mon and 20-21 lbs so I don't need the extra weight right now.

I don't know what to do. Help!

ADS

ctbcleveland

Eclipse is mesh, I am pretty sure. I have an XT and a 65. I personally won't buy anything but a 65 unless I get a great deal on it. I love the Metro and Ventura covers, but not enough to pay extra for them.

From my perspective, an 80 lbs kid won't ever fit and I realistically don't see myself RF until 45 lbs. My son is 3 and is only 33 lbs - so 40 lbs will definitely get us far enough. I have cars with good SIP protection, so I am not in love with the headwings on the XT.

I do own an XT which I bought from another member. I will use it no differently than I'd use a 65 with a 40 lb RF limit. I don't love the mesh and eventually will probably seek a non-mesh cover. The mesh has wide holes and seems like it will easily snag. Ours isn't in daily use yet, though - so I am just guessing.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If you disregard the weight differences, and the XT's wings, the difference really is just the covers.

I have had a microfiber cover (Metro) which was soooo soft. I only had it for about a week and a half before I crashed it. I still have the cover, but I had to repurchase the seat locally and all they had was Sport. It's mesh, and is softer than I expected. I thought the mesh would be quite rough. The only snagging I've had is on the body pillow, which he uses as a head pillow, from the harness cover velco. Although, it is dirty around his feet. (Strange, since we don't wear shoes in the car. Maybe from the bottle of the baby who sits next to him, though.)

I plan to use the mesh cover until the fall, and then put the metro back on. I like that one much better, and I think the fabric will be snugglier in the winter.

If you have peanuts and won't need the weight, I would go with the cover you like the best, and what you can get the cheapest. If you're not terrifically in love with one of the other covers over the Granite, then I'd just get that. (We have an 80SL because I *do* need the 45lb RF weight.)

jewlsvern

Do all the Radian models RF to 45 pounds? I think i need the 45 pound one since DS is already 20 pounds at 9 months. He is going to be a big guy I think.

lil.miss32

Do all the Radian models RF to 45 pounds? I think i need the 45 pound one since DS is already 20 pounds at 9 months. He is going to be a big guy I think.

No, not all are. I could be wrong, but I *BELIEVE* the 45lb RFing seats are the XT, XTSL, 65SL and 80SL.

Also, just point of reference... My son was 21lbs at 9 months old, and is 30lbs at almost 2. He has 15lbs and a good 4-5inches left in his XTSL. :D

Pixels

No, not all are. I could be wrong, but I *BELIEVE* the 45lb RFing seats are the XT, XTSL, 65SL and 80SL.

Also, just point of reference... My son was 21lbs at 9 months old, and is 30lbs at almost 2. He has 15lbs and a good 4-5inches left in his XTSL. :D

Nope, not quite right. :) Non-SL seats are 40 pounds if they were manufactured September 2008 or later (lower weight limit if they were manufactured earlier). The 65SL are 40 pounds, and the 80SL and XTSL are 45 pounds.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC