Since I've been reading this site...

trailrunnermom

I've started to notice things I wouldn't have before! Today I caught myself looking into a nice Saab sedan (license plate "MBA 97") outside Starbucks because the booster seat inside it caught my eye...it was the kind of booster I had for my daughter when she was 5, and she's 15 now...so it's very outdated to say the least. Probably an unsafe design, too, since if they put the shoulder belt through the seatbelt guide, it can't move back and forth. (I can't find the website with pictures of old carseats, but I think it was one of the original Century boosters with a harness for up to 40 lbs.) Sigh.

On the good news front, I'm expecting our new F-P Safe Voyage Deluxe to arrive today! Will post later about why I chose this seat, how it fits my son, and how well it installs (hopefully) into the cars we'll use it for. :) I'll also be able to take pictures of him in several seats for comparison.

ADS

mommy2jana

Yay! You're officially are CPS Nut like the rest of us! It doesn't take long to become and addict! :p

Congrats on the FPSVD seats! I can't wait to see pics! I almost bought one for my dd before I finally found a Regent in stock.

Morganthe

LOL, you're so right, it is addicting! ;)
Last night, while ffing through commercials, a little girl (4 or 5?) in just a 3pt seatbelt caught my eye. I had to stop, look, & realize that it's a commercial for McDonald's Happy Meals. DH was smirking at me for going off on the telly. But he agreed with me that she should (at the minimum) have been in a booster seat. :mad: Oh well, at least it gives me a chance to remind dh of what's supposed to be instead of what everyone does around here anyway. :( :cool:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC