Britax Shipping. Really?!?

skydancer

I was just going online to order a new adjuster strap for our MA. I realized ours is really frayed on the part the runs under the seat, so I think it really should be replaced.

It's going to cost over $17 for shipping. Is that normal? It seems to me like the strap could go in a bubble mailer and wouldn't cost more than a few bucks to send. I was also going to add an extra comfort foam, but then it's an ADDITIONAL $22 for brokerage. :eek:

Ok, I realize they're sending it UPS instead of USPS (which sucks for me because if I miss the delivery, I have to drive across the city to pick it up at the depot), but that still seems high. We sure get the shipping shaft in Canada. :( With everything it seems, not just this.

ADS

LittlePeanut

Talk to Cara (ladybug mom). If you read down a few threads here you'll see that she placing an order by Friday to ship to her US postal box. She has offered to order for others.

simplychels

Very normal, for every company actually. The times I've had to order from the company itself the shipping was often twice as much as the items.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
If you call and request an adjuster strap FOR FREE, they'll send you one FOR FREE. There's no way that there should be such a huge safety risk during the lifetime of the seat, and they really don't want that liability. You may have to pressure them a little: "Isn't this a huge SAFETY risk?" but it should happen.

I'm also always open to re-forwarding packages from the US. I cross Customs by car, and rarely have enough goods to pay tax.

-Nicole.

skydancer

If you call and request an adjuster strap FOR FREE, they'll send you one FOR FREE. There's no way that there should be such a huge safety risk during the lifetime of the seat, and they really don't want that liability. You may have to pressure them a little: "Isn't this a huge SAFETY risk?" but it should happen.

I'm also always open to re-forwarding packages from the US. I cross Customs by car, and rarely have enough goods to pay tax.

-Nicole.

Maybe I'll try calling them before I do anything else. I mean, I haven't done anything that I would consider out of the ordinary for the seat. Unless you consider re-tightening the straps on a regular basis out of the ordinary. :p The only thing going against me may be that the seat is 2 years old, so outside of their warranty period.

Last edited:

ladybug_mom

Have you already placed the order? I'm having some items shipped to my US address, let me know if I can help. I'm placing the order tomorrow, so I need to know ASAP.

skydancer

Thanks Cara. I posted a reply in your other thread too. If you could order me a Black Adjuster Strap for a Marathon (DOM 02-20-2008), that would be great! Just let me know how much I owe you!

I didn't have any luck with them sending a replacement. The funny thing is that the lady on the phone is the one that said that it is a safety issue and that it must be replaced, but that I had to pay for it.:p

Oh, and I had to laugh at the fact that she answered the phone with a british accent, but then as she started talking to be she suddenly had a southern accent. :ROTFLMAO:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Thanks Cara. I posted a reply in your other thread too. If you could order me a Black Adjuster Strap for a Marathon (DOM 02-20-2008), that would be great! Just let me know how much I owe you!

I didn't have any luck with them sending a replacement. The funny thing is that the lady on the phone is the one that said that it is a safety issue and that it must be replaced, but that I had to pay for it.:p

Oh, and I had to laugh at the fact that she answered the phone with a british accent, but then as she started talking to be she suddenly had a southern accent. :ROTFLMAO:

Britax has an agreement with TC that they will ship replacement adjuster straps for FREE to anyone who has a frayed strap, regardless age of seat.

Don't pay for it - call back and talk to somebody else, and if that fails indicate you'll be contacting TC. Me or one of the others can put you in touch with the person in TC who will contact them if need be. Or PM Allport. She'll know who to put you in contact with as well. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC