Any Suggestions?

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
Okay, heres the situation. My brother is 5 and about 63 pounds fully clothed. (He definately does not pass the 5 step test). I have been trying to convince my mother that he really DOES need to be in a booster (at least). He even wants to be in a booster (he likes that he can sit higher and see everything). I just can't seem to get through to her. Every time I tell her what I think, she tells me something to the tune of "god will protect us" or "if I get pulled over, I will just tell them I didnt know" (I kinda fibbed a little on the law, I told her it was 8 or 80 pounds, I mean it is whats recommended anyways right?;) ) So does anyone have links to that great crash test footage, or a good youtube video addressing boosters? I really want my brother to be safe, and I want to make sure that I show her everything imaginable and maybe something will get through to her before I give in and give up. Thanks for your help:)

ADS

mominabigtruck

I would just buy a nice turbobooster and give it to him. I had to do this with my younger sister for her to ride in my old truck when she was little. She decided she liked it so much I bought her another one for my mom's van and she rode in it until she was almost 9.

broken4u05

o love the whole god will protect me thing. Yes god is great and all and can do amazing things but it will not stop you from getting hurt in a crash. Good for you talking to her and i would also just buy him one.

Splash

A man is hanging on to the roof of his house for dear life as flood waters rise around him. A man in a rowboat comes up alongside him and urges the stranded man to get in.

"No," says the man on the rooftop. "God will save me."

Hours later, as the water continues to rise, a motorboat comes up alongside the man and the driver urges the man to abandon his rooftop.

"No," says the man. "God will save me."

As the waters rise, the man grabs on to the house's chimney. A helicopter pauses overhead and a rope ladder is tossed down to the man.

"No," he says. "God will save me."

Moments later he is washed away and drowns in the raging floodwaters. His soul rises and he finds himself standing before God Himself.

"How could you just let me die?" he asks the Almighty.

"Let you die?" God responds. "I sent two boats and a helicopter!"

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
A man is hanging on to the roof of his house for dear life as flood waters rise around him. A man in a rowboat comes up alongside him and urges the stranded man to get in.

Hours later, as the water continues to rise, a motorboat comes up alongside the man and the driver urges the man to abandon his rooftop.

As the waters rise, the man grabs on to the house's chimney. A helicopter pauses overhead and a rope ladder is tossed down to the man.

Moments later he is washed away and drowns in the raging floodwaters. His soul rises and he finds himself standing before God Himself.

No kidding... In this case god is saying, I put boosters on sale at walmart!

I say, if your mom really cares about her car, find a booster that matches her car so as to be least annoying to her. If she doesn't care, then get a booster your brother loves, like the Cars movie one?

lovinwaves

I LOVE that story!! I tell it all the time!

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
o love the whole god will protect me thing. Yes god is great and all and can do amazing things but it will not stop you from getting hurt in a crash. Good for you talking to her and i would also just buy him one.

that is my thought process behind the whole situation

i love the rowboat story...

i will see if she will even let him use one. i am just going to buy it and hope for the best. and he LOVES Cars the movie, is that at Wal Mart?

arly1983

I would just buy a nice turbobooster and give it to him. I had to do this with my younger sister for her to ride in my old truck when she was little. She decided she liked it so much I bought her another one for my mom's van and she rode in it until she was almost 9.

Ditto the above advise. I bought my cousin (4 years) a pink princess turbo for her birthday. She wasn't in a seat of any kind at the time. She insisted that she ride in her special seat and still rides in it.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Kmart is the retailer listed for the Cars lowback Turbo/Safe Seat 3 booster at www.gracobaby.com. I clicked on the retailer link and it took me to kmart.com which said it was sold out. :( Kmart might not be the only retailer for it but it's where I found one last summer. I swear last fall a highback model with the Cars theme was also listed at Graco's website but I don't see it there now, just the lowback model.

broken4u05

I have a cars one (not using at this min) but i got it at TRU you can call a few stores to see if they have it. But i will tell you i am not using it because my 4 year old godson could not sit still in it because he wanted to keep looking at it. That is why he is in a harness(radian) but my godson really shouldn't be in a booster anyway so that might be why too

jamesmommy

The Cars lb booster was clearanced out recently at our Target, I think it was 12.48. Maybe not all the Targets are sold out of them. HTH,

Amie

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC