Photos - Pre-folds and new covers

Lea_Ontario

Bear got some new wool wraps yesterday, and I just couldn't help but take a photo for you ladies, since so many are seemingly interested in cloth diapering now !

First, this is Bear today - 11½ weeks old - in a premium unbleached indian prefold.

a726c230.jpg

And secondly, one of his new wool wraps. This is a medium knit wool wrap from Sugar Peas. It's on over the prefold in the previous picture.

86c9b5db.jpg

And ladies - I'm sorry that these aren't up to my usual photo standards. Just some quick snapshots this morning with very minimal post-editing.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
oooh, those thighs are just babylicious! no need to edit anything, lol...very cute, and I love wool covers, that one looks great :)

Lea_Ontario

CUTE!!! I can't believe he wears a premium- wow! You're good tho- the fit is perfect.

We LOVE Sugar Peas wool covers!!

Here's info on the Snappi- just remember it should always be covered with a cover. I always used Dritz pins if Zane was coverless.
http://www.jamtots.com/Diaper-Fasteners-C118.aspx

He's been in premiums for about a month now - lots of growing room in them. He was "cracking" out of his infants by 5 weeks old.

And I'm bad - I don't always use a cover with the Snappi. At least not this young.

Mami_Kathy

He's so cute and chunky. Love the cover!
just remember it should always be covered with a cover.
I left my 20 mos old son then without a cover because I was back in Puerto Rico and it was a hot day for DS, well he was climbing out of the side of the sofa and the middle part of the snappi got stuck, broke and hit him on his belly leaving a mark for days, the side parts didn't come apart. Now if I want to leave him without a cover I put regular undies on top.

Simplysomething

Okay, y'all, I clicked the link for the snappi thing (because I didn't know what the heck it was either...I thought perhaps it was the newest trend in baby jewelry...heh). And I came across the warning :

WARNING:ALWAYS use a cover when using a Snappi® fastener on your baby's diaper. Keep out of children's reach when not in use! Do not use your Snappi® for longer than 6 months. Do not leave your Snappi® lying in the sun as it is not UV resistant and can reduce the effectiveness of the Snappi®.

Which makes sense, given what I read further in the thread about the thing coming off and hurting the kiddo. But when I read it, all I could think was... "Do not taunt the Snappi..."

(I have the full text for the happy fun ball thing, somewhere, in an book. Yep. I'm a dork. lol)

Sweet Mercies

Such a big boy!!! I am thinking of CD my 3rd child....if my dh will ever come around to the idea of actually having a 3rd one ;)

Splash

Okay, I'm a bad snappi parent. I have about two dozen of the things, because I bought them new in package for a buck each (pack of two). Since they are normally $4-5, I snappied em up ;)

I don't use them. We don't use prefolds that often, and when I do I prefer pins anyway. But Charlie LOVES the Snappis. So he carries them around and plays with them. Bad idea? Probably. But he's never unsupervised, so I'm not that worried.

BTW- Remember my problem with him loosening his harness? I tried to snappi the cover closed... it didn't work, not enough fabric to grab. But it was my first thought on the problem!

Lea_Ontario

I don't use them. We don't use prefolds that often, and when I do I prefer pins anyway. But Charlie LOVES the Snappis. So he carries them around and plays with them. Bad idea? Probably. But he's never unsupervised, so I'm not that worried.

Yikes ! The teeth on those things are SHARP ! And they come out of the plastic part quite easily.

I'm glad he's always watched, and in such good hands, or I just might be tempted to get worried about those as play toys.

lynsgirl

Bear got some new wool wraps yesterday, and I just couldn't help but take a photo for you ladies, since so many are seemingly interested in cloth diapering now !

First, this is Bear today - 11½ weeks old - in a premium unbleached indian prefold.

a726c230.jpg

And secondly, one of his new wool wraps. This is a medium knit wool wrap from Sugar Peas. It's on over the prefold in the previous picture.

86c9b5db.jpg

And ladies - I'm sorry that these aren't up to my usual photo standards. Just some quick snapshots this morning with very minimal post-editing.

Babies in CDs are so stinkin' cute! I have more pictures of DS3 in diapers than any of the other kids, mostly because his diapers are so cute lol. Very, very cute little man you have there!

racesmom

Senior Community Member
Zane's Snappi ripped open my thigh. I never let him go coverless with one again. It HURT!

They're great for quick, easy changes. Just have to be cautious.

Wow! Zane didn't outgrow infants until around 9-10 months if i pinned them. Then I went to regulars. premiums just have to much bulk for me.

CUTE baby!!

MommyofBoogieBear

What a cutie! by the way i love the sig pic you have! What a beautiful family!!!! i have been refering to your "cloth diaper 101" post a while back...b/c we are thinking about going to cd. it has been VERY helpful. we still haven't decided WHICH type to go to. ihad come across the sugar peas you have on bear and was curious about them. i am also curious about Bum Genius pocket diapers. any thoughts?

also...not to highjack...but Racesmom...I see you are a tech...and in Iowa! i will be in eastern iowa (Waterloo) in june for a wedding. i am looking for a place to get our seat checked (even though we are visiting...i still would like a tech to help me make sure it is in!)

jennsmile

My snappie trick. I cut off the bottom snappi part as it is the one that gets caught. Then I let my kid have fun coverless. Not as snug but it gets the job done without the snags. Of course I haven't cut my new ones yet and this morning we got dad's new pants. :p

Jenn

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC