Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Photos - Pre-folds and new covers

Bear got some new wool wraps yesterday, and I just couldn't help but take a photo for you ladies, since so many are seemingly interested in cloth diapering now !

First, this is Bear today - 11½ weeks old - in a premium unbleached indian prefold.

And secondly, one of his new wool wraps. This is a medium knit wool wrap from Sugar Peas. It's on over the prefold in the previous picture.

And ladies - I'm sorry that these aren't up to my usual photo standards. Just some quick snapshots this morning with very minimal post-editing.
    Mama to :
    Boo (2002), apramo backless booster
    Bug (2004), Parkway SGL
    Bear (2006), Parkway SGL

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Re: Photos - Pre-folds and new covers

oooh, those thighs are just babylicious! no need to edit anything, lol...very cute, and I love wool covers, that one looks great
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

CPS Technician

lol...look at that big boy...he is adorable

Dumb question I'm sure, but what is the red thing in the first picture?
    Renee
    BTW He is adorable!

It's call a snappi. It's much easier to use than safety pins.

CUTE!!! I can't believe he wears a premium- wow! You're good tho- the fit is perfect.

We LOVE Sugar Peas wool covers!!

Here's info on the Snappi- just remember it should always be covered with a cover. I always used Dritz pins if Zane was coverless.
    http://www.jamtots.com/Diaper-Fasteners-C118.aspx
    ~Angie <><
    Mom to Race, 1993 & Zane, 2004
    CPST 2001-2017

He is a cutie!

Quote Originally Posted by spokaneCPST View Post
    Dumb question I'm sure, but what is the red thing in the first picture?
    Renee
    BTW He is adorable!
    It's called a Snappi. It's got little teeth that hook into the diaper to keep it done up. Much easier than pins.
    Mama to :
    Bug (2004), Parkway SGL
    Bear (2006), Parkway SGL

Quote Originally Posted by racesmom View Post
    CUTE!!! I can't believe he wears a premium- wow! You're good tho- the fit is perfect.

We LOVE Sugar Peas wool covers!!

Here's info on the Snappi- just remember it should always be covered with a cover. I always used Dritz pins if Zane was coverless.
    http://www.jamtots.com/Diaper-Fasteners-C118.aspx
    He's been in premiums for about a month now - lots of growing room in them. He was "cracking" out of his infants by 5 weeks old.

And I'm bad - I don't always use a cover with the Snappi. At least not this young.
    Mama to :
    Bug (2004), Parkway SGL
    Bear (2006), Parkway SGL

He's so cute and chunky. Love the cover!
    just remember it should always be covered with a cover.
    I left my 20 mos old son then without a cover because I was back in Puerto Rico and it was a hot day for DS, well he was climbing out of the side of the sofa and the middle part of the snappi got stuck, broke and hit him on his belly leaving a mark for days, the side parts didn't come apart. Now if I want to leave him without a cover I put regular undies on top.

Cute pics!!!! And cute baby...

We didn't care for the snappis either but I know of a couple of people who kept using them. I may have posted this before but there's a cloth-diapering board on mothering.com with cloth diaper fanatics - like folks here are about car seats!

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...play.php?f=221

You may be aware of it but thought I'd throw it out there...

DS|2002|FF in Britax Frontier 85 and Graco TurboBooster
    DD|2007|FF in two Britax Frontier 85's

Okay, y'all, I clicked the link for the snappi thing (because I didn't know what the heck it was either...I thought perhaps it was the newest trend in baby jewelry...heh). And I came across the warning :

WARNING:ALWAYS use a cover when using a Snappi® fastener on your baby's diaper. Keep out of children's reach when not in use! Do not use your Snappi® for longer than 6 months. Do not leave your Snappi® lying in the sun as it is not UV resistant and can reduce the effectiveness of the Snappi®.
    Which makes sense, given what I read further in the thread about the thing coming off and hurting the kiddo. But when I read it, all I could think was... "Do not taunt the Snappi..."

(I have the full text for the happy fun ball thing, somewhere, in an book. Yep. I'm a dork. lol)
    apparently, people put stuff here.
    imagine:
    photos of my extremely adorable spawn.
    their stats and a
    witty quote.

posted from my computer using the internet...
    Super SEEEEKRIT stuff here.

Such a big boy!!! I am thinking of CD my 3rd child....if my dh will ever come around to the idea of actually having a 3rd one

Okay, I'm a bad snappi parent. I have about two dozen of the things, because I bought them new in package for a buck each (pack of two). Since they are normally $4-5, I snappied em up

I don't use them. We don't use prefolds that often, and when I do I prefer pins anyway. But Charlie LOVES the Snappis. So he carries them around and plays with them. Bad idea? Probably. But he's never unsupervised, so I'm not that worried.

BTW- Remember my problem with him loosening his harness? I tried to snappi the cover closed... it didn't work, not enough fabric to grab. But it was my first thought on the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    I don't use them. We don't use prefolds that often, and when I do I prefer pins anyway. But Charlie LOVES the Snappis. So he carries them around and plays with them. Bad idea? Probably. But he's never unsupervised, so I'm not that worried.
    Yikes ! The teeth on those things are SHARP ! And they come out of the plastic part quite easily.

I'm glad he's always watched, and in such good hands, or I just might be tempted to get worried about those as play toys.
    Mama to :
    Bug (2004), Parkway SGL
    Bear (2006), Parkway SGL

Quote Originally Posted by Kashi View Post
    Bear got some new wool wraps yesterday, and I just couldn't help but take a photo for you ladies, since so many are seemingly interested in cloth diapering now !

First, this is Bear today - 11½ weeks old - in a premium unbleached indian prefold.

And secondly, one of his new wool wraps. This is a medium knit wool wrap from Sugar Peas. It's on over the prefold in the previous picture.

And ladies - I'm sorry that these aren't up to my usual photo standards. Just some quick snapshots this morning with very minimal post-editing.

Babies in CDs are so stinkin' cute! I have more pictures of DS3 in diapers than any of the other kids, mostly because his diapers are so cute lol. Very, very cute little man you have there!
    Amy Expired (need to recert!) CPST & Mom to 8 great kids, 3 in a seatbelt, 5 in seats

Zane's Snappi ripped open my thigh. I never let him go coverless with one again. It HURT!

They're great for quick, easy changes. Just have to be cautious.

Wow! Zane didn't outgrow infants until around 9-10 months if i pinned them. Then I went to regulars. premiums just have to much bulk for me.

CUTE baby!!
    ~Angie <><
    Mom to Race, 1993 & Zane, 2004
    CPST 2001-2017

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar

He is SOOO darn cute!
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

Carseat Crazy MommyofBoogieBear's Avatar

What a cutie! by the way i love the sig pic you have! What a beautiful family!!!! i have been refering to your "cloth diaper 101" post a while back...b/c we are thinking about going to cd. it has been VERY helpful. we still haven't decided WHICH type to go to. ihad come across the sugar peas you have on bear and was curious about them. i am also curious about Bum Genius pocket diapers. any thoughts?

also...not to highjack...but Racesmom...I see you are a tech...and in Iowa! i will be in eastern iowa (Waterloo) in june for a wedding. i am looking for a place to get our seat checked (even though we are visiting...i still would like a tech to help me make sure it is in!)
    :

Boogie 4 1/2 / 36 lbs / Radian 65 / Regent
    Bear 2 1/2 / 26 lbs / MA Luau
    Baby girl in June 2008 / Graco Snugride

Carseat Crazy

My snappie trick. I cut off the bottom snappi part as it is the one that gets caught. Then I let my kid have fun coverless. Not as snug but it gets the job done without the snags. Of course I haven't cut my new ones yet and this morning we got dad's new pants.

Jenn