QPic & Questions About Fit/Use

kiku

1) Can the pwsg be installed in a car with no headrest? We basically have a bench seat in the back, with lap-shoulder belts.

2) What do you think about the positioning of the belt and overall fit? She's pretty snug, has to scrunch her arms to get them inside the side wings. It seems squished to me but this is unfamiliar territory.

3) The lap belt positioner- necessary for safety on this seat? She wears dresses 60% of the time (her idea not mine). And the seat didn't seem to slope back any more or less than the Monterey so I wasn't sure? Took the pic without because I wanted to be able to see where the belt sat- seems high.

She is 'pretending' to be asleep so I could see how it held her up. They kicked us out (closed early :() before I could get a pic of the Monterey.

4577436148_847f06b845.jpg

ADS

Twinklefae

1) Yes, it can be used as a backless booster. However, if you don't have head support in your back seat, then you will need the high back of the booster.

2)Not really sure, other than the lap belt seems very high.

3) No, you do not have to use the belt positioner on the seat, but again, the lap portion of the belt seems very high on your daughter.

Did you get a chance to try the Monterey? It just seems that this booster doesn't fit her very well, and you will need a nice tall booster if there is no head support in the back row.

steph_s

You don't need a vehicle head rest, you don't need to use the sg clip unless you want to, and I really am not liking the belt fit there. Then again I have yet to see a fake bench seat at a store position the lap belt properly like it would in a real vehicle. You will probably notice it rides much lower once you get it into an actual vehicle. As for the side wings feeling snug, yes they are slightly more snug but I haven't had a child complain yet.

How did she fit in the monterey? Looks like she would be big enough that the monterey might be a better choice for you because of those low bench seats. You will need the extra height that it provides over the parkway eventually. O yeah and the Monterey is on sale at StuffNthings for $109 with free shipping. Red and pink it looks like.

Dillipop

All the other questions have been answered, but I wanted to chime in on the side wings. We have the old parkway and ds uses the side wings as arm rests. In fact, he was disappointed that our vivo and monterey don't have them and he has to figure out somewhere else to put his arms.

Maedze

The lap belt fit looks fine to me :thumbsup:

Some boosters, like the Turbo and the Vivo, will naturally position the belt much lower, but as long as the belt is resting on the thighs (which it appears to be), and the hips are palpable above the top of the lap belt (which they appear to be), the fit is good :)

The only high back boosters which require vehicle head rest support are manufactuered by Dorel (Safety First, Cosco, Eddie Bauer, Maxi Cosi)

kiku

You guys are SO helpful! Thank you!

I did try her in the Monterey. The shoulder belt positioned a little further off to the side but not so much that it seemed to be problematic as long as she stayed in the proper position. I liked that she had more room and the wings seemed more substantial. And I'm still looking at the probooster but we can't try it out beforehand (and it doesn't come in pink ;))

Decisions, decisions :p

firemom- she's 8 . . . and 1/2 she says :)

firemomof3

Watch out for the Monterey, she looks like on the thin side and the shoulder belt fit can be iffy. I think the Parkway, Vivo or maybe ProBooster (have to wait until someone actually gets one :mad:) is a great choice for her :thumbsup:
And I still say the lap belt fit is good. It should be below her hip bones and touching her thighs, and from your pic. thats exactly what it looks like, am I right?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC