Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

A britax frontier or GN

I am looking for a forward facing seat that harness for awhile then be able to use it as a booster. Currently all my kids are rear facing. My 2(almost 3) in a britax marathon, my 1(almost 2) in a britax marathon also, and my 8 month old in a my ride. My two year old is getting close to the weight limit for rear facing and am looking for a different car seat for him. He will stay in his marathon til he outgrows it Rear facing. I just wanted to know the pros and cons of these seats.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Jennifer mom to my 7's Avatar

Re: A britax frontier or GN

Quote Originally Posted by mommyto3littleones View Post
    I am looking for a forward facing seat that harness for awhile then be able to use it as a booster. Currently all my kids are rear facing. My 2(almost 3) in a britax marathon, my 1(almost 2) in a britax marathon also, and my 8 month old in a my ride. My two year old is getting close to the weight limit for rear facing and am looking for a different car seat for him. He will stay in his marathon til he outgrows it Rear facing. I just wanted to know the pros and cons of these seats.
    Why not switch the almost 3 year old and the 8 month old? THen 3 year old could still rear face and you wouldn't need another seat yet.
    Whatever Wendy said

"No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you, after all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." -Unknown

Senior Community Member Raegansmom4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer mom to my 7 View Post
    Why not switch the almost 3 year old and the 8 month old? THen 3 year old could still rear face and you wouldn't need another seat yet.
    Yeah that. If you are no longer interested in rear-facing your 2 yo, I LOVE our GN.
    Amy - former CPST
    Raegan (11/4/05) - Seat belt
    Brinlee (3/16/08) - Backless booster
    Harper (2/12/2016) - Chicco Keyfit 30

Carseat Crazy

You could def switch the 3 year old and the 8mo so that the 3 year old could RF longer and you wouldnt need to buy a new seat just yet.

If not then I would go test out the Frontier and the Nautilus.

I had this same issue and was leaning towards the GN but after I went and tested them out, I decided to go with the Frontier 85 instead. I LOVE it. DD has super long legs and broad shoulders so the FR85 fit her much better.
    ~Lindsey~
    Mommy to K (3/2007) Riding in a Pink Sky Frontier85