Quick question.

AtTheSouthDam

In a 2007 Ford Freestar, third row, I can NOT tether a driver side child seat to the middle tether anchor, right? I am asking because it (the TA) is slightly off center, but I want to make sure before I completely dismiss the possibility.

I am trying to figure out where to put people when we drive to IL in a few weeks. I have three adults, a boostered child and a harness child. I will not make an adult sit it the third row so I was trying to see if I can get both girls back there safely and near cup holders they can reach. I don't think I can :(

ADS

Pixels

In a 2007 Ford Freestar, third row, I can NOT tether a driver side child seat to the middle tether anchor, right?

Right.

Front row, two adults.
Second row, one adult, one child.
Third row, one child.

Tether the harnessed child, either in the third row center, or second row to the seatbelt in the third row.

Maedze

There's no need to tether to a seatbelt. Both second row seating positions have dedicated tether anchors.

In a forward facing Radian, can your younger child reach down for the flip open cupholder on the second row seat?

AtTheSouthDam

Right.

Front row, two adults.
Second row, one adult, one child.
Third row, one child.

Tether the harnessed child, either in the third row center, or second row to the seatbelt in the third row.
Thanks! I have two TA in the middle row as well. Putting her center defeats the cup holder idea and the thought of putting stuff to play with between them.

Eh, if she is going to be in the 2nd I am going throw her in RF so she'll be tethered to the driver's seat. That will give the adult more shoulder room. The adult in the middle will just have to be the cup holder and toy provider :p

There's no need to tether to a seatbelt. Both second row seating positions have dedicated tether anchors.

In a forward facing Radian, can your younger child reach down for the flip open cupholder on the second row seat?
Nope :(

Maedze

Too bad the Radian isn't more rearfacing third-row friendly. Ooo...what about picking up a Cosco Scenera and using it outboard third row? (RF obviously)

AtTheSouthDam

Too bad the Radian isn't more rearfacing third-row friendly. Ooo...what about picking up a Cosco Scenera and using it outboard third row? (RF obviously)

Yeah, I tried and tried and tried to get it in there and I can do it at about 42* but the then middle row is unusable :(

Maedze

Hmmmm. Ok, well, a Complete Air goes back there (you need to move the second row up one click, but it's still usable for adults). So if the CA fits, how about an Avenue?

That third row is really ridiculous on a multitude of levels.

AtTheSouthDam

EEEK!!! Some one had a growth spurt! I just took the neighbor's Scenera and tried it (they are done with so I am taking it to the local Safe kids for recycling). DD2 is is maybe 1/2" from the top. Finally the girl is getting some torso!

As far as an avenue I don't think DH will go for another convertible for her since we have the YS and she has been switching between RF and FF lately :( I do think she'll be happier RF on a 16+ hour road trip though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC