Question 3 Across in 2008 Toyota Highlander?

eomom09

Hello,

I have searched the archives, and can not find a specific answer to my question. My apologies if this has already been asked and answered!

I have 11 month old twins who are currently in Snugrides. I am going to switch them to RF Marathons very soon. Thinking down the road to our next child, I was wondering if anyone has been able to fit 2 Marathons (RF or FF) and 1 Snugride in the middle row of an 08 Highlander Hybrid? I am a planner, and just thinking ahead to the future! I would prefer to use my existing car seats, and not have to buy new ones. Any advice from someone who had this car seat situation would be appreciated!

Thanks
Andrea

ADS

MomToEliEm

Bumping this up in hopes that someone familiar with your vehicle might give you suggestions on what configurations work well in your vehicle. From a quick search on "2008 Highlander" it apepars that it is a difficult seat to install in the middle, though I am not familiar with it personally. Radians typically do well in a 3-across situation, though it might not work well with your particular vehicle.

n0tsomuch

I wish I could help you. I had the hardest time trying to find info on my mazda. I know this sounds crazy, but I purchased 2 radians from Wal-Mart (yes, I know) with $5 shipping total for both. This way, if they didn't work, I could have just returned them with no hassle. I borrowed a Greco seat just to try out the fit with the other two. My car has a very narrow back seat (49''). It worked though. I had to use the seatbelt installation on all three. With the Greco, we couldn't use the base, but there are skinnier seats. I'm going to Target tomorrow to harass an employee to come out with me and the Baby Trend Flex lock so we can see if the base fits.

I'm sorry I don't have the answer to your question. However, I'm a planner too. My only advice to you (if you can't find an answer) is to either borrow two marathons (not as easy as it sounds, I'm sure) or purchasing two with plans to have the least hassle return.

jsta1005

I don't know this for sure, but I am pretty sure those 3 seats will fit. I have had a FFing Marathon outboard with a RFing Safeseat (which is a bit wider than the Snugride) in the middle and the whole other outboard seat free. Hope you can try it and it works for you!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC