I killed two boxes of Little Debbie cakes

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
tonight, doing skeleton demonstrations at a church festival. Kids watched, then brought their parents over to watch. It was good. I heard a few kids telling their parents they thought they needed a booster. :thumbsup: (They did.)

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Somewhere there's a video of me putting a whole Little Debbie holiday hexagon in my mouth at one of our holiday parties. Then one of the guests had to one-up me by putting two in his mouth...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I looked at everywhere that carried Halloween stuff last year and didn't find anything suitable. Wonder if I would have better success online.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I know the skeleton demonstration has been discussed here before and I *think* someone might have posted a video at some point, but basically the skeleton demonstration shows why kids should stay in booster seats even if they are no longer required by law.

I have a Lego car seat (as in vehicle seat, not child safety seat) with a shoelace lap belt. I also have a Lego backless booster. And I have a skeleton with a hollow abdomen, and I put a Little Debbie Strawberry Shortcake (which is like a Twinkie but has red goo as well as white goo inside) in the skeleton's abdominal cavity.

I sit the skeleton in the "booster" seat, which positions the "lap belt" across its hipbones, and I pull the belt to simulate crash forces. Nothing happens. Then I take out the booster seat and reposition the skeleton, and the lap belt is crossing the abdomen. I pull to simulate a crash, and the belt cuts through the cake and goo oozes all over.

This really helps kids (and parents) *get* why it's important to use a booster, even if state law allows otherwise, if the vehicle belt is riding up on the abdomen and not low on the hips/thighs.

KQ, it was "Spirit of Halloween". It's a really ugly skeleton, so I dress mine up a little. This year I'm going to buy a few extras, because they do get gross, and I think mine might need to go through the dishwasher or something now, and I don't know how it will hold up. If I can find them again, and if we remember, I'll get you one. It's a perfect fit for the twinkie-cake.

Reactions: Mae

celtic1885

chickabiddy - that is absolutely brilliant! I definitely need to do that with some of the people around here...........

thanks for the explanation, I'd missed the previous threads.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I went to Spirit of Halloween but all they had were huge ones or tiny keychain ones, the others were sold out. Maybe next year I'll get there earlier. What is yours made out of (plastic I'm guessing), and what size do you use?

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
It's plastic, and it's about 18"? 20"? I'm not good at guesstimating and it's in the car now (it was 90 today so after a few hours of outdoor demonstrating I just left everything until tomorrow, lazy me).

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Ha, ha, I don't blame you.

I'll just have to check earlier in the season next time, or check online I guess!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC