skinny backless

firemomof3

So, I came home with the Amp & Cosco. Are there any other backless boosters that are narrower? The backess TB looked wider. I'll be watching an 8 & 9y/o and I need to get 3 across my 3rd row...again :rolleyes:

ADS

MomToEliEm

From looking through the measurements spreadsheet of only the backless boosters, here is the list of external width measurements:

Graco Turbo: 16"
Harmony Secure Deluxe Comfort: 16.75"
Harmony LiteRider: 17"
Cosco Ambassador/High Rise: 17"
Clek Olli: 18"
Clek Ozzi: 18"
Combi Dakota: <no measurements entered yet>
Evenflo Amp: <no measurements entered yet>

From the above info, the turbo might be narrower, though sometimes those big armrests make it difficult to get buckled in. Do you have any stores nearby that have the LiteRider? That seat might be worth checking out due to having low armrests. If you still have the Amp seat, would you mind getting some measurements off of it and submitting it to the measurements spreadsheets:
http://sites.google.com/site/carseatmeasurements/

Chameleon

In my experience the Harmony Literider fits better than a Turbo because of how the armrests are. I've had both and could fit the Literider where the Turbo was too snug.

firemomof3

The Harmony is a good idea, I'll have to go and pick one up to try. I did get a nice 3 across using the Amp :thumbsup:
Here is dd1 in the Amp, overall I like it.
*This child is too small/young to be in a backless booster, these pics are for fun only*
You can see here how the seat belt is about to slide off her shoulder
amp001.jpg

amp002.jpg

amp003.jpg

firemomof3

I don't have it anymore :duck:
I gave it to a friend who had her 7y/o in just the seatbelt :thumbsdown: But thankfully she was open to having her daughter back in a booster.

firemomof3

I found the Amp to be narrower than the Turbo. In trying to fit 3 across I was able to use the Amp where the Turbo wouldn't work. BUT I think that the Harmony would work even better

mommyfrog

I saw the backless Harmony booster at my local Walmart but they weren't in the car seat aisle. They had them over by the cribs.:confused: So if you go looking for them , look around.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC