Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar

Talking Found out what "Coccoro" means

The other day I drove past a restaurant called Kokoro Sushi. (I don't eat sushi, but was SO tempted to go in, just because of the name.)

Anyway, it occurred to me that Coccoro/Kokoro probably means something in Japanese, since Combi is a Japanese company. I emailed the Combi rep to find out, and she said Coccoro means “Heart-felt, loved and cherished one.”

Isn't that a great name for a car seat (especially that one), that, afterall, is intended to protect our loved and cherished ones? Better than "Momentum," that's for sure.

I don't know enough about the intricacies of Japanese to know if Kokoro and Coccoro are the same word, just transliterated differently, but I'd guess that's a very cherished sushi restaurant, too.

2. Thank You from:

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Found out what "Coccoro" means

Both Coccoro and Kokoro would be spelled こころ or こっころ in hiragana (I can't remember if it would have the 'double k' or not, it's been awhile since I took Japanese. Hiragana is the syllabic spelling of Japanese) so yes, it would be the same word.

5. Thank You from:

Senior Community Member Irishmama's Avatar

Thanks for sharing that, that's cool!

ok THAT is cool!
    Madeline CPST and mom to my loves:
    8 (turbo w/ safety surround) & 6 (frontier 85)

CPS Fanatic

Neat! Makes more sense than some of the strange car seats names here in the U.S.

'Ko' as the first syllable specifically indicates a child or baby as well. "neko" is a cat, and "koneko" is a kitten.
    3 kids riding across in a Nissan Altima - how did that happen? Orion in a Britax Parkway, Alice RF in a Safety 1st Complete Air and Terran in a Graco Snugride 35!