Question Graco Snugride 35 Extra Base ?

Beth1007

An online retailer has a bundle of a Graco Snugride 35 car seat and a Graco Snugride adjustable base, NOT a Snugride 35 adjustable base. The picture of the extra base does not have the red knob on front, so I am pretty sure it is different than the base that comes with the car seat.

The reviews of the regular Snugride adjustable base say that it does not fit the Snugride 32. I have read that the Snugride 35 and 32 have fairly similar constructions, but I can't find anything about the 35.

Does the regular Graco Snugride adjustable base fit a Snugride 35?

ADS

Maedze

No, those are two completely different seat designs and the bases are not even remotely compatible.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
No, not at all. Completely incompatible. But thank you, Graco, for not coming up with a new name and causing confusion.

Wendy

Beth1007

Thank you, you have saved me the frustration of trying to either return the bundle or argue with the store about getting the right base. I did email the company to see what they were willing to do for me.

Again, thank you.

Mae

Here's the oh-so lovely breakdown of the Graco bases.

Snugride 22 base -- Only to be used with the Snugride22.
Safeseat 1 base -- Only to be used with the Safeseat 1.
Snugride 32 base -- May be used with the Safeseat 1 and the Snugride 32.
Snugride 35 base -- May be used with the Safeseat 1, Snugride 32, and the Snugride 35.

Basically, with the exception of the Snugride 22 (completely different design), the bases can be interchanged, as long as the base's weight limit is equal or greater to the car seat's weight limit. If the car seat's weight limit exceeds the base's weight limit, you cannot use them together.

Clear as mud, right? Silly Graco.

MANDY1234

Here's the oh-so lovely breakdown of the Graco bases.

Snugride 22 base -- Only to be used with the Snugride22.
Safeseat 1 base -- Only to be used with the Safeseat 1.
Snugride 32 base -- May be used with the Safeseat 1 and the Snugride 32.
Snugride 35 base -- May be used with the Safeseat 1, Snugride 32, and the Snugride 35.

no according to Graco actually...

What base will work with my car seat?
Answer: The SnugRide that is weight rated to 22lbs will work only with a SnugRide base that is rated to 22lbs. The Infant Safe Seat car seat and SnugRide 32 car seat will only work with a SnugRide 32 base or SnugRide 35 base. The SnugRide 35 car seats will only work with a SnugRide 35 base.

Mae

no according to Graco actually...

What base will work with my car seat?
Answer: The SnugRide that is weight rated to 22lbs will work only with a SnugRide base that is rated to 22lbs. The Infant Safe Seat car seat and SnugRide 32 car seat will only work with a SnugRide 32 base or SnugRide 35 base. The SnugRide 35 car seats will only work with a SnugRide 35 base.

Which is exactly what I said --

(From your quote from Graco)

The Infant Safe Seat car seat and SnugRide 32 car seat will only work with a SnugRide 32 base or SnugRide 35 base. The SnugRide 35 car seats will only work with a SnugRide 35 base.

It's just saying that the SR35 can only be used with the SR35 base, which is what I said. The SR35 is the highest weight limit base, therefore the SR35 carrier cannot be used with another base, but the base can be used with the lower limit carriers.

See, confusing. ;)

Note: No snark intended. :)

Last edited:

MANDY1234

damn if i didn't read what you wrote backwords :p I'm going back to bed now and will come back when I learn how to read lol

Mae

Lol, While I love Graco, I think this whole name game was a fail on their part. If it confuses us... :p

No worries, it really is confusing. :)

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Just wait until the SR30 comes out... that will make it all so much clearer;)

Remember, Graco said they renamed the SS1 the SR32 to make it clearer (how?). At LifeSavers they said it was easy since the weight limit of the seat was in the seat's name (but having different bases and features don't make it confusing? :confused: and parents never forget to mention the # that goes along w/ their SR?).

Danbo

Which is exactly what I said --

(From your quote from Graco)

It's just saying that the SR35 can only be used with the SR35 base, which is what I said. The SR35 is the highest weight limit base, therefore the SR35 carrier cannot be used with another base, but the base can be used with the lower limit carriers.

See, confusing. ;)

Note: No snark intended. :)

Not so fast......just a few lines below in the Graco FAQ is THIS little gem..

Can I use my Snugride® 35 infant car seat with a Snugride® base?
Answer: No, Snugride® 35 is compatible with Snugride® 35 bases, as well as Infant SafeSeat™ (Step 1), Snugride® 30 and Snugride® 32 car seat bases.

So, if I'm reading that right, I can buy a new Snugride 35 Carseat and use it in my EXISTING Snugride 32 bases. Basically, anything 30 and ABOVE will take the "35".

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Right, you can use the other bases, but only to their weight limits. So if you have a 34 pound child in a SR35 you can only use a SR35 base. But if you have a 19 pound child you can use a SS1 (30 pound) or SR32 (32 pound) base. Since parents may not realize that, Graco will recommend to only use a higher weight base than your carrier.

Here's another $5 to Graco or their naming department's budget. They need it.

Wendy

Kobain's Mommy

Right, you can use the other bases, but only to their weight limits. So if you have a 34 pound child in a SR35 you can only use a SR35 base. But if you have a 19 pound child you can use a SS1 (30 pound) or SR32 (32 pound) base. Since parents may not realize that, Graco will recommend to only use a higher weight base than your carrier.

Here's another $5 to Graco or their naming department's budget. They need it.

Wendy

That's what Graco told me. I've got a SR32 and SS1. They told me I can use the SS1 bases with the SR32 as long as I don't use the base after 30lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC