What seat is this?

cookiemomster

Is this a Cosco Scenera?

31157_1421207176761_1430143858_1120380_1320565_n.jpg

ADS

cookiemomster

Thanks. A friend got it in a yard sale for $2 (yes, insert huge face palm.) She says they've never washed it, no recalls, doesn't expire until 2012, and she went through the checklist. I'm just trying to make sure she at least can order the manual because they didn't have it with the seat and she couldn't tell what seat it was.

P1ally

I hope that's not a picture of it installed.. It looks like it's in rear facing mode, not FF..

Jazlynn's Mommy

$2 makes me think it was in an accident and they just wanted it gone. Did your friend ask them if it had been involved in an accident?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Heck, I'd sell MY Walmart Exclusive Scenera for 2 bucks, lol... http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#5114907616781996818 (Any seat that makes a fool outta me by tipping when it started out perfectly installed deserves my scorn and ire ;))

If she trusts the seller with her child's life, then yeah, it's ok. If there're any doubts, I'd just toss it and buy a new one where the history is absolutely squeaky clean. http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/usedseat.aspx (That's the checklist, in case anyone was wondering).

Jazlynn's Mommy

If the friend went through the checklist as stated, then she would have asked about accidents.

Not necissarily...i know a lot of people who would ask a lot of questions, but would use a car seat that had been in an accident with no questions asked. A good friend of mine was in a roll over accident and the officer insisted that she replace her daughter's car seat. She even got extra money for it as part of her settlement and STILL continued to the use the old car seat. Just sayin....

Last edited:

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Right. People lie, and people do bad things, and people are ignorant. We all know that.

But the OP stated that the friend had gone through the secondhand-seat checklist, and the checklist covers crashes. So she asked, and she's satisfied with the answer, whether she should be or not.

Jazlynn's Mommy

Right. People lie, and people do bad things, and people are ignorant. We all know that.

But the OP stated that the friend had gone through the secondhand-seat checklist, and the checklist covers crashes. So she asked, and she's satisfied with the answer, whether she should be or not.

I was unaware that everyone used the same checklist. Is there a checklist that you can print and take with you when buying a used seat? I just know that everyones checklist consists of different questions, and some people wouldn't even think to ask about accidents if they made their own little checklist.

Maedze

I was unaware that everyone used the same checklist. Is there a checklist that you can print and take with you when buying a used seat? I just know that everyones checklist consists of different questions, and some people wouldn't even think to ask about accidents if they made their own little checklist.

There is a checklist, yes, but that does not mean we recommend buying a used seat. I would not encourage other people to do so, either.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
You could copy and paste the link I provided into a word doc, but usually since the first question is impossible to answer without a lie detector test machine, it's pretty easy to memorize...

Andie

She's saying that she believes it's installed forward facing with the foot in rear facing mode. Although I'm baffled as to what she's seeing that makes her think that....I can't see the foot at all in the picture.

It looks pretty reclined for FF to me, though it could be the camera angle. :shrug-shoulders:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Heck, I'd sell MY Walmart Exclusive Scenera for 2 bucks, lol... http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#5114907616781996818 (Any seat that makes a fool outta me by tipping when it started out perfectly installed deserves my scorn and ire ;))
:eek::eek:

http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/usedseat.aspx (That's the checklist, in case anyone was wondering).
If this person bought it at a garage sale from a stranger, there is NO way she can answer "yes" to the very first question, unless she lies to herself. Being told the history of the seat by the seller is NOT the same as "knowing" the history of the seat. Being told the history is just hearsay.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC