Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Can I complain about a recall here???

I know it has been several days, but I have been out of town. I emailed McNeil about the four bottles I had here of recalled meds. They sent me a check for $27 to replace them.
    Amy,

SAHM to one, CPST, RN with BSN.

Looking for fun things to do with kids?? http://www.crazyaboutcarseats.blogspot.com/

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member TnT's Mom's Avatar

Re: April 30 Recall -Infants & Children Tylenol, Motrin, Zyrtec, Benadryl (worldwide)

I filled out the form on their website and I received a refund check for $16.00. I had two bottles of the Children's Grape Splash Tylenol that was in the recall. The check came very quickly.

I recently bought Top Care brand acetaminophen for children (it even came in grape...which is good since my boys don't care for cherry) and it says right on the box that it is not manufactured or distributed by the McNeil Pharmaceutical Company.
    DS#1 12yrs., 85lbs., 58"tall, 5-stepping in my car!
    DS#2 9yrs., 65lbs., 49" tall, Jane Indy, Compass Pathway B570

Re: April 30 Recall -Infants & Children Tylenol, Motrin, Zyrtec, Benadryl (worldwide)

Wow, I completely forgot about the forms I filled out online. I just got a check in the mail! Surprise!
    10yo in a Connext
    1yo in a Coccoro
    Babe in a Comfy Carry

Carseat Crazy

Grrr! I'm so peeved at this company. The first recall took my Motrin. And the company's first response was that mine wasn't on their list when it clearly was. So I had to call them and tell them they were wrong.

Now this time I contacted them the day the recall happened and nothing. I have almost $100 in recalled products! So ticked off! I guess I gotta call them again. Glad this thread is here to remind me.

It's bad enough they're putting out bad products, but wasting time reimbursing consumer makes it worse!

I put my information for 3 recalled products in on Sunday and had a check by Friday of that SAME week.

--Sarah & D.J. (3-20-04)
    DS (08/07) ~ 8 ~ 52 pound ~ Graco Highback Turbobooster -- 3rd Grade!
    DD (08/11) ~ 4 yr ~ 32 lb ~ Britax Roundabout 50, Maestro -- Pre-K!

Maybe I should call to see where my refund is? It's been a few weeks, and I'd done it over the phone with someone.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

Yes, I'd follow up if you don't get yours by the end of this week. Our refund got here around the middle of last week, about 10 days after I submitted the info. online. Hope yours arrives soon.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

"May 28, 2010 - Tarrytown, NY - Blacksmith Brands, Inc., in consultation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, is voluntarily recalling all lots of four children's products in the PediaCare line. These products are sold exclusively in the United States. These products were manufactured for Blacksmith Brands by McNeil Consumer Healthcare, a Division of McNeil-PPC, Inc., (a Johnson & Johnson Company) at McNeil's Fort Washington, PA plant.

The four PediaCare items involved in the recall are:
    1.PediaCare Multi-Symptom Cold 4oz. UPC # 3 0045-0556-05 9
    2.PediaCare Long Acting Cough 4oz. UPC# 3 0045-0465-04 7
    3.PediaCare Decongestant 4oz. UPC# 3 0045-0554-04 8
    4.PediaCare Allergy and Cold 4oz. UPC# 3 0045-0552-04 4"

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm214005.htm
    http://blacksmithbrands.com/2010/05/pediacare-recall/