April 30 Recall -Infants & Children Tylenol, Motrin, Zyrtec, Benadryl (worldwide)

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
Re: Can I complain about a recall here???

I know it has been several days, but I have been out of town. I emailed McNeil about the four bottles I had here of recalled meds. They sent me a check for $27 to replace them.

ADS

TnT's Mom

I filled out the form on their website and I received a refund check for $16.00. I had two bottles of the Children's Grape Splash Tylenol that was in the recall. The check came very quickly.

I recently bought Top Care brand acetaminophen for children (it even came in grape...which is good since my boys don't care for cherry) and it says right on the box that it is not manufactured or distributed by the McNeil Pharmaceutical Company.

MomE

Grrr! I'm so peeved at this company. The first recall took my Motrin. And the company's first response was that mine wasn't on their list when it clearly was. So I had to call them and tell them they were wrong.

Now this time I contacted them the day the recall happened and nothing. I have almost $100 in recalled products! So ticked off! I guess I gotta call them again. Glad this thread is here to remind me.

It's bad enough they're putting out bad products, but wasting time reimbursing consumer makes it worse!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Yes, I'd follow up if you don't get yours by the end of this week. Our refund got here around the middle of last week, about 10 days after I submitted the info. online. Hope yours arrives soon.

rochelle

"May 28, 2010 - Tarrytown, NY - Blacksmith Brands, Inc., in consultation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, is voluntarily recalling all lots of four children's products in the PediaCare line. These products are sold exclusively in the United States. These products were manufactured for Blacksmith Brands by McNeil Consumer Healthcare, a Division of McNeil-PPC, Inc., (a Johnson & Johnson Company) at McNeil's Fort Washington, PA plant.

The four PediaCare items involved in the recall are:
1.PediaCare Multi-Symptom Cold 4oz. UPC # 3 0045-0556-05 9
2.PediaCare Long Acting Cough 4oz. UPC# 3 0045-0465-04 7
3.PediaCare Decongestant 4oz. UPC# 3 0045-0554-04 8
4.PediaCare Allergy and Cold 4oz. UPC# 3 0045-0552-04 4"

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm214005.htm
http://blacksmithbrands.com/2010/05/pediacare-recall/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC