good erf sharing experience

mommyfrog

I asked my daughter's preschool teachers if I could leave some USSA booklets and printouts from here http://www.800bucklup.org/laws/documents/CRLawFactSheet.pdf and they said sure, that's a great idea. Then one of them asked me what I thought about rear facing vs forward facing. I asked her what age and she told me her grandson is about to turn one and her daughter said she was planning on turning him forward facing on his birthday. She (grandma) had heard the AAP's new recs of at least 2 years but her daughter wants to be able to see what he's doing back there. She asked what they do with their legs. We (me and my sister) told her they just sit criss cross or whatever, it doesn't bother them. We told her my 2 year old and sis's 2yr 9mo old are both still rfing. I told her to take her daughter one of the books/printouts and have her watch Joel's Journey. She (grandma) has a seat for him in her car too and I think I concvinced her at least to leave him rear facing in her car. I was happy it went so well. I was a little nervous about bringing up car seats at all for some reason and it was so easy. Then me, my sister, and the teachers stood around talking car seats for a few more minutes. They said that they do a booster seat training with the kids and every year they have kids who say they don't ride in a booster in the family car. The teachers tell them that is against the law and they need to get a booster. They will even tell the parents. Now if so many of them will quite putting their 4 year olds in the front seat.

ADS

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
That is great that they were open to the information and hopefully some parents will learn something as well!

I left best practice brochures at my sons preschool but there is still one dad who leaves with his son in the front seat without a booster so I have left a brochure on his windshield with the booster section highlighted along with the no kids in the front seat under 12 portion. If I see him do it again I think I'm going to have to call him in, because there is no longer the excuse "I didn't know"

When my son went on a field trip they had harnesses on the bus so I made sure to instruct his teacher that he was NOT to wear his heavy coat with the harness, he needed to take it off then he could put it back on once they got there, she was very accepting of the information but the two older para's looked at me like I was nuts!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC