Help with Frontier Install in middle back seat in Nissan Quest

DustysSweety

I've decided to possible move my daughter to the bench seat and am finding it very difficult to get her Frontier installed in the middle since i want to use the tether and it's only in the middle, yet the seat is so narrow i'm having a hard time.

Is there any tips for installing it there ?

The reason for the move is i'm tired of the kids fighting with each other, since right now they are both in the 2 captains chairs in the middle.

ADS
U

Unregistered

I have also tried to install with the seatbelt in the captains chair and can't get a good install because the belt keeps twisting and because of where the stalk comes up on the sides it's not a tight install at all.

I wish there was a higher latch weight limit. It was installed just fine with latch but then i realized my daughter was probably way past the weight limit for using latch. She is 52lbs.

AliciaM

CPS Technician
Nissan recommends going by the carseat manual's instructions for the LATCH weight limit.

Have you tried the long belt install? That was the only way I could ever get a tight install with my Frontiers. I also have a couple seats in my vehicle where the Frontier just plain doesn't fit because it's too wide. You could try twisting down the buckle stalk as well and see if that fixes your issue.

racesmom

Senior Community Member
I have a Frontier in my mom's Impala (center). Her seat belt system isn't long enough to do the long belt path. However, I can get a solid installation using the short belt path if I line the female end (short buckle) up with the belt path, then reach in from the front to tighten the belt while pushing down and back on the seat. The buckle doesN'T come in so far it bothers my son and the seat is rock solid at the belt path. Add the top tether and the seat is solid overall. HTH.

Ltaylor

Nissan recommends going by the carseat manual's instructions for the LATCH weight limit.

Have you tried the long belt install? That was the only way I could ever get a tight install with my Frontiers. I also have a couple seats in my vehicle where the Frontier just plain doesn't fit because it's too wide. You could try twisting down the buckle stalk as well and see if that fixes your issue.

Yes this !

I would try the long belt path and it it still doesnt go in very solid, try twisting the stalks.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I have also tried to install with the seatbelt in the captains chair and can't get a good install because the belt keeps twisting and because of where the stalk comes up on the sides it's not a tight install at all.

I wish there was a higher latch weight limit. It was installed just fine with latch but then i realized my daughter was probably way past the weight limit for using latch. She is 52lbs.

Unfortunately, the buckle stalks on the captain's chairs are stiff so they can't be twisted, I believe. Did you try reclining the vehicle seat back before installing the Frontier while using the long belt path? That may give you a little leverage for tightening the seatbelt more, then you can put the seat back upright again and the install will be tighter.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC