Good price for a 03/09/06 DOM MA?

southpawboston

what's a good price for a used MA that has a 3/06 DOM? a local craigslister is selling it for $150, wants to switch to something that sits lower as they have bought a new SUV and it is hard to get the kid up into the carseat. it was purchased new from a local authorized dealer (one that i go to often). i would of course make sure it passes the checklist.

does that one come with the old-style lock-offs or the dreaded new style ones?

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
My seat has a DOM of June and it has the new lock-offs. I don't think that is a bad price for a MA though!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Jewels, is that the seat you are refering to, in your pictures? that's the old style lockoffs.
I'm pretty sure a 3/06 seat would be the old style, we've only been griping about seats with the new style for a couple months now, lol.

That's a great price if the guy is legit... think 'retail price divided by six equals how much per year of use'... a 240 dollar seat divided by 6 is 40 dollars per year, so he could be selling it for 200 and that'd be a fair price, kwim?

Splash

It's got the old ones. The news ones started earlier last year in the Decathlon and hit the BVs and MAs in August.
I have one BV with an 8-06 manufacture date that has the old ones, but it was one of the last ones to be made like that.

southpawboston

it's a lady selling it; she claims they just want something that sits lower on their SUV seat with stadium seating because she is short and it is hard to get her kid in... he is FF. she claims it is like new. she's pretty close by, so i will go check it out and see if it's legit. i may just get that instead of waiting for the new recaro. we just can't stand the triumph anymore!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Jewels, is that the seat you are refering to, in your pictures? that's the old style lockoffs.
I'm pretty sure a 3/06 seat would be the old style, we've only been griping about seats with the new style for a couple months now, lol.

That's a great price if the guy is legit... think 'retail price divided by six equals how much per year of use'... a 240 dollar seat divided by 6 is 40 dollars per year, so he could be selling it for 200 and that'd be a fair price, kwim?

Really?? I thought the old ones were red and then they went to black and then the new ones were a whole new design looking like what mine do! Oops!

That's good to know, I don't use them in my vehicle but now I don't need to worry about using them in someone elses :D

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Really?? I thought the old ones were red and then they went to black and then the new ones were a whole new design looking like what mine do! Oops!

That's good to know, I don't use them in my vehicle but now I don't need to worry about using them in someone elses :D

I think the red/black thing was just because they came from different suppliers or that's what color they felt like dying the resin that day or something :rolleyes: The new ones are just little tabs instead of the nice flat chip-clip thingie the old ones have that holds the belt flat.

:)

arly1983

it's a lady selling it; she claims they just want something that sits lower on their SUV seat with stadium seating because she is short and it is hard to get her kid in... he is FF. she claims it is like new. she's pretty close by, so i will go check it out and see if it's legit. i may just get that instead of waiting for the new recaro. we just can't stand the triumph anymore!

I feel your pain. The triumph was good for a little while but it has alot of little quirks; the harness adjuster knobs on the side, hard to adjust incline, oddly short yet wide, I like it better FF than RR. I have a 8/06 decathlon and it has the old style locking clip so I think you are good.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC