Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Aren't these just yummy?...

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/bab/285088409.html

EWWWWW! They are filthy! I think they are expired, too!
    Last edited by cpsaddict; 02-26-2007 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Misspelling
    Jacky, CPST and mom to Kenzie(5) and Maverick(3) Riding in a Frontier, Marathon 70 and Radian, Safety 1st Store N Go and Evenflo Right Fit

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: Aren't these kust yummy?...

flagged.

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar

Jacky, do you troll Craigslist, too? I email sellers pretty often with links to this board and to the recall list and color pictorial guide at carseat.org to "prove" their seat is too old/nasty to sell.
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

I flagged them too, but they're still there!

Re: Aren't these just yummy?...

Hey, you could call & offer a seatcheck
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

CPS Technician

where exactly is the harness on the first one... i am tempted to call him and ask...and give him an earful of everything else i think about them

Jenny,
    Yes, I admit that I do troll Craigslist! Sad, huh!? There are such nasty things on there. There are also a lot of seats that are not bad looking, but they are too old. For instance, right now there is an On My Way that is from 1999. It still looks good, but is obviously to old.
    I try to get the ones close by me, but there is no way to get them all. I would be on Craigslist all day long!

Jacky, CPST and mom to Kenzie(5) and Maverick(3) Riding in a Frontier, Marathon 70 and Radian, Safety 1st Store N Go and Evenflo Right Fit

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm in the boonies, so no way to pick up the cheap/free ones most of the time. I just hope my friendly email/information makes a difference.
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche