Radian 65 or XT?

NannyMom

I currently have a MR outboard in my van, used by BabyS. Sofi is center in the TFP. Her casts are really making it more difficult to get her buckled. I kind of want to get a Radian (which HAS to go outboard) for the extra leg room.

I'd love to save $$ and get a RN65. I don't need the infant padding. But then again, it's outboard. I like the idea of the head wings. But I also don't like the idea of the lack of sides for SIP (Sofi used to put her legs right on the van window). But then again, after these 5 more weeks with casts, it will likely be BabyS riding in it, and her legs are much shorter.

Do I want a Radian? Do I want a 65 or XT?

BTW- I've found a buyer for my MA, and TF (and TFP in a few months when I decide I'm finished, and her noob outgrows the SR). So, I have some funds for a new seat. Just not sure if it will be a Radian, or wait and see what's coming out this summer.

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I know Sofi's a peanut, but will BabyS need the 45lb RF limit?

Otherwise, since the seat will only be used RFing, which provides its own SIP, and since your concern seems to be Sofi's legs, which won't be helped by the headwings, I think if it were me I'd stick with the 65. I have an 80 (so, also no sidewings,) and it gives me no pause. I do have the toddler padding installed as a pillow, though, so maybe seeing "something" around J's head causes me to not notice how exposed it is? I dunno.

NannyMom

I don't think either child will need the 45 pounds RF. I'm concerned about her head, but realize the wings will help the head with SIP but not the legs. But the legs issue is why I don't want Sofi in it all the time (and because we have other options still- if that was the only RF option, it'd be different). I also forgot the MR is going into my parents' cars, so BabyS will have a Titan or the Radian (instead of MR or Radian). Hmmm....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC