Honda owners

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Did y'all see that Honda is extending the warranties on Honda and Acura models by 5%? I figured there are a lot of people on this board that this might pertain to.
If you go to the FAQ section it will tell you if your vehicle qualifies.

http://www.odosettlementinfo.com/

ADS

scatterbunny

Totally off-topic, but I had to share with my fellow Oregonian--I'll be taking the CPST course March 13-17th! :D Maybe we'll be able to do some checks together this spring/summer.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Oh Jenny that is GREAT!!!! I know you will do fantastic and I hope you dont have the un-educated, thick skulled you know who as your instructor! Good luck and we definitly need to do some checks together soon. Congrats!

lovinwaves

Hey Danielle, thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I guess this really doesn't pertain to us to much since we bought the extended warranty LOL!

Amaris

The extra warranty is only like 1800 miles anyway. Oh well, our odyssey is an 03 with just over 50,000 so it didn't help us any. We didn't bother with the extended warranty because it seems like most of the odyssey's problems are transmission related and that goes to 10 years and 100,000 miles anyway!

southpawboston

interesting recall. so basically the odomoters were clocking the mileage too quickly?

i was a recipient of a class-action lawsuit against hyundai, for lying about the horsepower (stating it was 140 when it was actually only 135, heh). i got a $100 debit card out of the deal! w00t!!

Amaris

Honda didn't actually admit that the odometers were wrong!! That's the part that makes me mad. Since they didn't admit it then it can't do anything for you other than the extra warranty. When I go to trade my odyssey in (hopefully not for another 3-5 years) it's going to have well over 100,000 miles on it. I realize that the difference isn't that much if it stays at 5% (which is about what they upped the warranty by so I assume that's about the difference) but they are still going to deduct for the milage on the van, and it probably won't be right! Oh well, what can you do I suppose?

southpawboston

the mfrs never "admit" to any wrongdoing. they negotiate the terms of the recall or class-action settlement so as to publicy state that they disagree with the findings, but are "voluntarily" compensating for it. that way the foodgates are not opened to countless lawsuits in the future.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
And that doesn't even consider all the lawsuits that had their records sealed to avoid becoming public. I wonder how many of those huge settlements it takes to get the ball rolling for some of these issues. A small variance in odometer readings is pretty trivial compared to something like the Firestone/Explorer safety issues of years past.

southpawboston

agreed. but another thing to consider is that there are huge firms that specialize in class-action suits and have entire divisions dedicated to researching potential class-action suits, even without significant numbers of complaints from individuals to support the class-action. in hyundai's horsepower misclaim case, few people knew about the discrepency... but some law firm picked up on the potential for a class-action suit and followed through with it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC