What double stroller do I want?

chloebeansmom

I'm just at a loss. DD will be 2y 8m when baby2 comes along in October. She still needs a stroller because she is a wanderer and will NOT hold anyone's hand ever. I originally thought I wanted a tandem. But, DH and I went to look at a bunch of them and they feel so long to push and fold up so large and are just HEAVY. I know I'll end up just not using them. I thought maybe I would go without one but the more we think about it the more we know we do need to get one to have on hand. I want something that I will love. I want something side by side, that reclines enough for a newborn, folds easily, compactly, not too heavy, and that fits through doorways without a problem. Good sunshades would be a plus. Is the BJ City Mini really as great as I hear? I just am hesitant at the price tag. Any thoughts?

ADS

ntrenary

2 of my kids are 20mo apart. I loved my Maclaren Twin Traveller when they were younger. It folds up like a umbrella stroller, has a carry handle, a great sunshade, very easy to push, independent reclining seats and sunshades, and lots of storage. I could still push them easily when they were 4 & 5 years old.
I have a single BJCM. I love it, but it folds in half, so a double won't fold very small.

Last edited:

msg221

I have been looking at the Combi Twin Sport. It has great reviews, both seats fully recline and it can support and infant car seat (it specifies it will hold a combi seat but the bar looks pretty universal/ I plan on experimenting at BRU with different seats). It also folds very compact and boasts a 3 second fold.
http://www.albeebaby.com/combi-twin-sport-ex-stroller-wasabi.html

I had this one in the cherry red color and got rid of it about five months after I bought it. Unless they have changed the design, the little clip on the shoulder harness kept coming loose which was annoying. When I called Combi about it, they offered to send me new clips or whatever but still wanted ME to pay for it! Their customer service wasn't the greatest. Also,the baskets on the Combi were useless. That's when I broke down and bought a BOB Revolution Duallie. Even though it's not the most compact folding stroller and I have to access the basket from the side, it has every other feature I wanted (pretty much the same features as the OP listed) and I love it.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I love my Maclaren Twin Techno for the mall and stuff. We also do a lot of walking in my neighborhood (with hills, gravel, no sidewalks, poorly paved roads, etc.) and so for that, I appreciate my Mountain Buggy Urban Double (though I'm not completely in love with it the way I am with my Mac!)

I find almost all tandems to be complete pains. There are really only a few I would even consider, one of which is the Contours Options Tandem, though it has short seats, and, uh, I just saw the other but I can't remember the name. Oops.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I just looked around, and its not super high end or anynthing, but i really loved the safety 1st/EB tandem transit. IT's a front-back tandem, but its smaller than a regular tandem, and it folds like an umbrella stroller (its like an umbrella tandem - very cool) and i was very impressed with how well it pushed with 70 pounds in it (5.5 yo 45 lb, and 2 yo 25 lb)

MY stepdaughter has a combi SBS and it is REALLY nice. pushes very easily, folds easily, small, light.

Jennifer mom to my 7

I have been looking at the Combi Twin Sport. It has great reviews, both seats fully recline and it can support and infant car seat (it specifies it will hold a combi seat but the bar looks pretty universal/ I plan on experimenting at BRU with different seats). It also folds very compact and boasts a 3 second fold.

I tried a keyfit in the combi and it did not fit, not even a little bit. You can only use the combi seat. It wasn't too short for me, but I am sure it would have bothered me after a while.

They have revamped the contours, and the seatbacks are taller:thumbsup:

Me, for my tandem, I have a bebe confort twin club. I can use it as a tandem, or a single with toddler step. A bit long, but pretty maneuverable. Otherwise, I most likely would have gotten a contours, as my 3 year old is "average".

The baby jogger city mini double would most likely be your stroller. It isn't mine, because I like rf seats on my strollers, too:p So, my bigger side by side strollers are a stroll-air spider duo (the new one is really good looking, and thinner!), an emmaljunga twin cerox 360, and a bob revolution duallie. Yes, I have a problem:eek:

Spam

I'm debating the same thing. I have a Mac Twin traveller that I leave at my moms since she often has my nephew and neice. I'm trying to decide if I want another for myself or if I want a babyjogger double micro.

chloebeansmom

Thanks for all of the great input. I originally wanted the contours options tandem but DH HATED it when we played with it. he really doesn't like the length of the tandems at all. I think I'm really leaning toward the BJCM. It just seems like a great stroller. I would love to find something with reversible seats, but I just don't see anyhting that iwll work for us. I babywear a lot, and only had forward facing strollers with DD and I made it work, so I'm sure I'll be ok.

MySillyKids

I want something side by side, that reclines enough for a newborn, folds easily, compactly, not too heavy, and that fits through doorways without a problem. Good sunshades would be a plus. Is the BJ City Mini really as great as I hear?

You just sold yourself.

Yes, the BJCMD is AWESOME. it does ALL that you want. It seems like the perfect fit for me! :D :D

Myself and lovinwaves (the self proclamed stroller goddess, whom sold all her strollers and got new ones, has HAD her BJCMD since she got it TWO years ago......) love them. I just recently sold mine, as i don't need a double anymore, but uh, i DO have a BJCMSingle!!!!

Kegracin

I have that same stroller I got it because of the price. I like that it can be folded in half or just left flat (doesn't fit in my Taurus folded in half) and it doesn't weigh 40lbs like my double graco. I've not had a problem with the straps except that my DS is on the small side and the shoulder straps don't go tight enough. Over all though for what I use it for its not bad, but if you plan on using it a lot I'd skip it.

scape1224

Go for the BJCM. We rented one from Orlando Stroller Rentals when we went to Disney World last year. It fit all three kiddos at the time, were 6 1/2, 3 1/2 and 9 months.

I am due in August and this babe and my youngest will be right at 2 years apart.

I refuse to go with any other double if I am going to get one it is going to be the one I want and know I will love. Just waiting for a good price....:)

Jennifer mom to my 7

Thanks for all of the great input. I originally wanted the contours options tandem but DH HATED it when we played with it. he really doesn't like the length of the tandems at all. I think I'm really leaning toward the BJCM. It just seems like a great stroller. I would love to find something with reversible seats, but I just don't see anyhting that iwll work for us. I babywear a lot, and only had forward facing strollers with DD and I made it work, so I'm sure I'll be ok.

The reversible seats is a big thing for me. I love that feature. Hence, my suggestion of the new stroll-air my duo. Just wanted to throw that out there, in case you didn't think one existed here in North America.

chloebeansmom

The reversible seats is a big thing for me. I love that feature. Hence, my suggestion of the new stroll-air my duo. Just wanted to throw that out there, in case you didn't think one existed here in North America.

I looked at that link. It's awesome, but unless I find one for half price I don't think it's going to happen.

Jennifer mom to my 7

I looked at that link. It's awesome, but unless I find one for half price I don't think it's going to happen.

I actually did figure that, but, it was worth the look see, correct:whistle:

I wish I could afford to sell my spider duo, and get the new my duo, alas, I would never get near the amount to cover even half, plus, the old bassinet doesn't fit the new stroller. Heck, the new board doesn't fit the old stroller either. It is frustrating.
for me....

Ltaylor

Niea

I love my Maclaren Twin Techno.

I'm sure the Baby Jogger stroller is awesome, as are the fancy strollers listed. Most of them are out of my price range, though, so that's why I bought the Mac (from babye-store.com). I've been very happy with it and use it regularly, even though my kids are now 5 and 2.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC