seat modelling... boosters and HWH seats. (pic heavy)

Cryssy Jane

Model is 5 years old, 42 inches tall, barely 40lbs, with a 16 inch torso.

Britax frontier 85: first picture installed for use, 2nd picture shows how much harness room is left.
100_1512.jpg
100_1514.jpg

Graco nautilus 65: 1st picture shows growth room, 2nd shows harness (if used this would be moved up to the last slots.)
100_1516.jpg
100_1515.jpg

SK monterrey: 1st picture shows at height 2nd. shoulder. 3rd lap
100_1541.jpg
100_1542.jpg
100_1543.jpg

Parkway SG: 1st picture shows at height
100_1544.jpg
100_1545.jpg
100_1546.jpg

Vivo: 1st picture shows at height
100_1538.jpg
100_1540.jpg
100_1539.jpg

Turbo booster: use in car...
100_1535.jpg
100_1536.jpg
100_1537.jpg

So how did he rate them? His favorites were the frontier 85 and the vivo, although he really liked the nauti as well.

Last edited:
ADS

Jennifer mom to my 7

Crystal, it really looks like he is slouching in all the boosters, which is why the lap belt fit might seem bad.

Matthewmonterey1.jpg

For example, here is my 3 year old in the monterey. He has I think a bit over 15 inch torso, and the lap belt is good, but he isn't trying to bend his legs at the seat, like your ds seems to be doing in all of the seats.

Cryssy Jane

For example, here is my 3 year old in the monterey. He has I think a bit over 15 inch torso, and the lap belt is good, but he isn't trying to bend his legs at the seat, like your ds seems to be doing in all of the seats.

You know in comparing pictures. That's about how the lap fit on Zach. It just wasn't as low as I may have liked it. Still touching the soft part of his tummy, but not by much. He wasn't slouching sadly. I did check that, his bottom was all the way back, sitting up straight, he bent his knees as felt comfortable but wasn't forcing to bend.

The parkway SG though, that was almost at his belly button. The vivo was a really good fit, now that I've compared pictures. Guess I should learn more about booster fit *runs off to read*

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Did you shorten the SG clip on the PWSG? If it's too long that might be why it was so high.

Cryssy Jane

grr he was totally slouching... Added new pictures of not slouching. Made sure his bottom was all the way back every time. He still really liked the vivo best.

Jennifer mom to my 7

grr he was totally slouching... Added new pictures of not slouching. Made sure his bottom was all the way back every time. He still really liked the vivo best.

At his size, I don't doubt it;)

I actually found that my dd would "gain" harness height in her nautilus. Why? because she forced herself to bend her knees at the edge of the seat, so there was space at her back.

VID00176.jpg

My 4.5 year old in the monterey. I know you can't see her legs, but she is 43.5 inches and 49 pounds and has a 17+, close to 18 inch torso.

Matthewturbo1.jpg

and here is the same ds in the turbo the same day. See how there is less space by his knees, than the monterey?

Matthewmonterey2.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC