Choices for the day

christineka

I have to go to the city for a doctor's appointment early this afternoon. I'm taking the two youngest and picking up an adult babysitter to come with us.

Due to the inclement weather, dh will pick up 3 kids from school, and drive 4 of them to and from the church.

Either I can take the car, he the van or, I take the van and he the car.

Here's the options for seating arrangements:
1994 ford tempo, no air bags, 3 tether anchors in back.
ds2 and dd4 in the back seat, rfing and the front passengers possibly eating the dash. (I'm short anyway.) I've also just now thought that I could stick dd in the true fit, thus being able to remove the headrest, and I could put ds in the avenue, which would be smaller than the radian.

Or, I can put one of the rfers up front and have the babysitter sit in the back. She will be in the car for about 20 minutes total.

That would leave the van free for the radian and three boosters. (I've been playing recently without cleaning up, so I actually would have to do some work to make that happen.)

If dh takes the car, I could put dd3 up front, rfing in the avenue, in the back dd2 and ds1 in radians, and dd1 in the bodyguard.

The youngest three have seats installed in the van already.

I will be driving an hour there and back, but we'll only have to get in and out twice. Dh will be driving within the neighborhood, but they will be in and out three times. Ice pellets are currently dropping from the sky. The car does not fit in the car port.

Which scenerio would you choose in my shoes? I must start rearranging seats at 11am.

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
nak but I'd give DH the van. Put both of the kids who will be with you in the back seat.

I don't like to see kids in the front seat unless it's totally unavoidable. It's perfectly avoidable in this case.

:twocents:

babyherder

I thought rear facing seats in the front were fine as long as there are no airbags? I thought Swedish statistics show that rf in the front without airbags is as safe if not safer to rear facing in the back. Or maybe I'm wrong?

christineka

I decided to try the true fit and radian in the back seat of the car. They both fit, though only for short front seat people. I have to remove the true fit before dh drives the car because he won't fit. The true fit would fit nicely for him without the top portion attached, though. The skies were dry all afternoon, so the kids just walked where they needed to go.

Based upon the way the radian fit rfing, I have doubts about it fitting ffing with the lap-shoulder belt anyway. I'm going to have to try it out sometime.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC