Question Did anyone hear about the new Britax seats that are coming out in August?

Jazlynn's Mommy

I was at "Galt Baby" today, checking out the Radian XTSL. The lady had the nerve to ask me WHY i would want to keep my 17 month old daughter RF! She said she knows what the AAP recommends but that doesn't mean people have to listen. She said "people go a little safety crazy." Anyway, she did tell me about the new Britax seats coming out in August. She said they are keeping it secret, but are letting retailers know this is "state of the ark technology" and "a whole new advancement in car seats." Her words, not mine LOL. So i was wondering if anyone has heard anything. Kinda anxious to see them now since the Radian probably isn't going to work in my car. I can't get the vehicle seat belt tight enough, since the seat belt stalk is too long and interferes, and i twisted it till i couldn't twist anymore and i still couldn't get it low enough :( Great seat though!! I drive a 2000 olds alero by the way (if anyone wants to offer a suggestion :D)

Last edited:
ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Nothing more than hints and rumors.

What happens if you don't twist the stalk? Can you get it all the way into the belt path?

Wendy

Jazlynn's Mommy

Nothing more than hints and rumors.

What happens if you don't twist the stalk? Can you get it all the way into the belt path?

Wendy

No, my belt buckle is too big and it stops on the bottom part of the belt path (if that makes any sense). Also, since the seat is too heavy, my weight (98 lbs.) is not enough to get the seat tight enough. With the MA all i have to do is kneel or sit in it and there is enough pressure to the seat to get it tight.

jjordan

Gain some weight girl! You need to be able to muscle that radian in there! (j/k :))

Did she really say "state of the ark," or was that a typo and she actually said, "state of the art"? Just curious.

Jazlynn's Mommy

Gain some weight girl! You need to be able to muscle that radian in there! (j/k :))

Did she really say "state of the ark," or was that a typo and she actually said, "state of the art"? Just curious.

Yeah it's a typo, i have a lot of those :D
And that Radian is too big for me lol, we were fighting and it won :( i tried for over 30 minutes to get that seat installed, and finally thought "well, if i ever buy it i'll have to get a strong CPST to install it, that's not one i can do myself.

Suzanne74

I was at "Galt Baby" today, checking out the Radian XTSL. The lady had the nerve to ask me WHY i would want to keep my 17 month old daughter RF! She said she knows what the AAP recommends but that doesn't mean people have to listen. She said "people go a little safety crazy."

What a great saleslady for a baby store. :thumbsdown:

chay

I only have about 5lbs on you and the first few times there was a lot of time a lot of cursing and I eventually got DH to help but I've now figured it out and can put it in on my own so don't give up hope. I will say it is still more of a challenge than my MA - I love installing that thing.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I'm surprised some details haven't trickled out from retailers already. By this time next week, I suspect that some information will appear in conjunction with the spring ABC Kids Expo. There will be more details here or on our blog within a month or so. Keep in mind that no matter how impressive a new product might sound, until a retailer gets some in stock, it could still be months away. There can always be prolonged delays for any number of reasons. An enticing future carseat should never keep you from buying one you need now.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Darren you are such a tease!!

I'm trying to not get my hopes too high up. They've been dashed before.

Wendy

Jazlynn's Mommy

I'm surprised some details haven't trickled out from retailers already. By this time next week, I suspect that some information will appear in conjunction with the spring ABC Kids Expo. There will be more details here or on our blog within a month or so. Keep in mind that no matter how impressive a new product might sound, until a retailer gets some in stock, it could still be months away. There can always be prolonged delays for any number of reasons. An enticing future carseat should never keep you from buying one you need now.

Actually, she told me to call back in 2 weeks and she would have the details. She said Britax wasn't giving anymore info out until then. I'm really wanting a new seat, but my 18 month old still fits in her MA just fine. I would just like to get one with a higher weight limit, eventually. She is only 28 lbs. so i have plenty of time.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I taught a 67 lbs kid with low muscle tone how to install seats. He did a marathon FF and a regent, lon belt path. Both were acceptable installs.

Jazlynn's Mommy

I taught a 67 lbs kid with low muscle tone how to install seats. He did a marathon FF and a regent, lon belt path. Both were acceptable installs.

Hmm, maybe there is a trick to installing the Radian, but pushing my weight onto the seat didn't do a thing. I wish i had LATCH, it would make things a lot easier.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I was having an issue with the radian on Sunday. RFing. I knelt in the seat and knelt on the shoulder belt. I got a few more clicks in that way. Basically, it wsas like having someone there pulling straight out on the shoulder belt.

SavsMom

I'm excited to hear about the new Britax seats, but at the same time I have really lost my love for the brand. I replaced my Boulevard with a Symphony65 and am happier with it - easy to install, easy to use, plenty of rear facing leg room, and I got it for half the price of my BV. Hoping Britax gets the hint that there are a lot of great seats (True Fit, MyRide, Radian, Complete Air) with more features for a lot less $$$

amyd

I heard that Britax is planning to put those air cushion thingies from the Advocate on all their convertibles. Not sure if it's true but that's floating around out there.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
I heard that Britax is planning to put those air cushion thingies from the Advocate on all their convertibles. Not sure if it's true but that's floating around out there.

If that is it I will cry, and I may have to break something!!!! It better be more than that!

April

That would SUCK. The cushions make that seat SO wide. It would pretty much eliminate the ability to ever use one in a three across (or even two seats side by side in the same direction).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC