We're home!

Splash

Only my kid spends 3 days in a hospital (4 if you count all day in the ER on Friday) for an ear infection.
Be thankful for your immune system. You don't what you've got until it's gone. (cue guitar)
I'm sick now. It hurts so bad when I swallow that I can hardly breathe.
He's on clindamycin for another nine days (two days IV in the hospital). It is essentially the same as killing a rat with a nuclear bomb, but it's the only drug we know he can have.
Yesterday the doctor was talking about meningitis, and he was supposed to have a lumbar puncture today if his fever hadn't gone down. Thankfully it went down.
I had to come home last night. I was just too sick to stay. AJ stayed with him, so he wasn't alone (we never would have left him alone) but it was the first night in his life that I spent away from him. I missed him, but luckily I was in a drug induced stupor and wasn't conscious often enough to really mourn.
I bought him a Mr. Potato Head at Target. I think he will be pleased.

Thanks for all the thoughts and well wishes. He's on the upswing for now, hopefully it stays that way!

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Glad to hear he is feeling better and they figured out what is wrong :) Is the infection in both ears or just one?

Crazy enough my little guy also has a ear infection :( He is on Cefzil, so far that is one of the only antibiotics that actually clears up his ear infections! At this time last year he was getting ready to have tubes in his ears, but now they have fallen out and we are starting all over again :(

jamesmommy

So glad to hear he is doing better and that you were able to come home. Now you take care and get better quickly. Mr. Potato Head is always fun!

Amie

JaRylan

Thanks for the update on Charlie. Hope you are feeling better quickly and that AJ stays heatlhy. It's hard being away from your kiddo.

We just got back from the doctor - Rylan has tonisllitis and I have a sinus infection.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
its good to hear that your back home and all is well (except for you being sick now, ghese cant catch a break, eh?) i hope you get well soon. :)

broken4u05

so is there something on this board? it seems like everyone has been sick. I dont think everyone but some things are really going around. I am glad he feels better and i hope you do soon.
Hugs

beebear23

Senior Community Member
Poor little guy.. Glad you are all home and safe..

have any of you thought about taking your kids to chiropractors for their ear infections???

mamato2

Wow, I'm so glad they found out what it was so it can be quickly treated. I've been thinking about you 'guys'! Lets hope you all bounce back soon.
C.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC