Do you think an MA would be ok?

mamajava

Senior Community Member
So DH and I were talking last night about new carseats for the new truck. He said, you sell the 4 seats that are in the garage and you can get 2 new seats. Well, he said this AFTER I showed him the Britax Mossy Oak stuff. He knows he wants it so bad he can taste it.

Well, I am gonna give in, as much as I hate Britax seats. But, do you think Miley will be ok in a MA? She is pretty tall, so I would hate for her to grow out of it so fast. And then Anna would get the Parkway.

What do you all think?

ADS

SuperSafeMama

She should be just fine for a long while still :) Britax says they are good to 49 inches :D The mossy oak cover is on sale right now, you could buy a marathon here and then just buy the cover new and save yourself some money and have an extra cover :D

crunchierthanthou

already 30 lbs, tall, and nearly two? She won't have much time left rf. I did love the MA for rf, but it won't last nearly as long as pretty much everything else on the market.

There's a Mossy Oak PWSG, right? Which means they haven't moved away from the pattern completely (even if the MA covers are on clearance on britaxusa.com right now). I'd wait to see what get announced next week. Rumor has it Britax is unveiling something at the ABCKids spring show. Infant seat, combo seat, and booster are all recently redesigned. That only leaves a new convertible, right? (crossing fingers)

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Shes ff in DH truck.

The parkway gets released May 12, so I wouldn't order until after that anyways.

Yes, lets cross our fingers that they are going to man up and get a better convertible! HA!

mamajava

Senior Community Member
I never thought about it sitting up to high. Wonder if it would be ok in the truck. I have a very very bad back from an accident, so I wonder if I would be able to do it.

Dang, I wish there was a BRU around here!

mamajava

Senior Community Member
She should be just fine for a long while still :) Britax says they are good to 49 inches :D The mossy oak cover is on sale right now, you could buy a marathon here and then just buy the cover new and save yourself some money and have an extra cover :D

Thats what I was thinking about doing. If I can find one for a good price. It's the shipping that gets ya!

crunchierthanthou

What kind of truck is it? If it has the tether anchors that you route through one loop to the adjacent loop/ring, the Britax Versa-tether makes it even more of a pain. :twocents:

crunchierthanthou

well, there's that going for you! :)

I don't want it to seem like I'm trying to talk you out of it. It's just that for ff in an already high vehicle, it isn't the most convenient. If she's tall, it won't may not last long (there are several combination seats and even a handful of convertibles that will last longer harnessed).

That being said, you certainly won't be the first parent to buy a seat based on the cover. ;)

canadiangie

I do not think a Marathon is your best option.

There are so many other choices on the market that have taller shells, taller top slots, longer rear facing limits, more leg room/support, and most importantly lower forward head excursion numbers. For more information on the head excursion numbers you can sift through the 2009 NTHSA results, and/or have a peek at the Transport Canada research crash test videos. For more help with this, please ask. We can point you in the right direction.

kaysmom

Just going to agree with crunchy that it's not my fav seat for FF, either. I installed it in our minivan for DD's 4 year old playdate and she couldn't get in it herself it was too high, and when I went to lift her in I hit her head each time:eek: The second time I was even being mindful of it and still did it!! I pretty much decided then and there that the MA would be used for the new baby (when he/she fits) and not DD's FF seat.

BUT if it's DH's truck and he's doing most of the loading/unloading and that's what he really wants you have to take that into consideration too I suppose;)

hrice

You can buy one of the clearance MAs from Albee Baby for $179 (no tax & free ship) and then order a Mossy Oak cover and sell the other on swap :)

Maedze

They really aren't good for 49 inches. Most kids outgrow them between 44 and 46", sometimes less.

I wouldn't buy a Marathon for forward facing use. Was there a particular reason you're looking at convertibles for a FF child? (Or a particular reason she can't be rear facing in the truck?)

mamajava

Senior Community Member
The only reason we were looking at the MA is because he wants to have the Mossy Oak stuff. I hate the seat with a passion, so if its going in his truck, he can deal with it. But I am not going to be swapping out carseats when I need to drive the truck.

Also, he doesn't think she needs to be rf. We have gone back and forth on this. He actually did let me keep her rf up until a few weeks ago in the truck. Right now she is riding in a myride in there.

I actually thought of just getting a new cover for Nauti for in there. He does like that seat. And then thought of getting Anna a Monterey for in there.

Maedze

I actually just realized she's not even two yet. I can't in good conscience recommend a FF seat for a one year old. It's not an issue I would cave on.

It would be a deal breaker for me. If he wants the Mossy Oak that bad, he can use it rear facing :shrug-shoulders:

mamajava

Senior Community Member
I don't know what to do! Miley rides in the truck once a week, if even that. We take the van everywhere we go. I would rather he be turned back rf!
Maybe if I sneak out in the dark and do it, he won't know...:whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC