4yrs old for CarGo, Chase, (Etc.?

I have been trying to find a good seat for my dd - 3yo/31lbs/36"/FF and several of you recommended the Cargo, the Chase, Bolero, or Generations. I have looked at the Chase so far and am going out of town to look at the others...but when I was looking at one of the sites it said they are for 4yrs old and older...so is it safe to put my 3yo in one? I don't know what else to get for her...she is tall and thing and long-torsoed...I could investigate rf, but even then it'd only last for a couple more lbs (33?)...trying to keep the cost down as well...dh said no to Britax b/c of cost...help!!!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Don't ever trust the info from sites that are trying to sell you the product...go straight to the source, like the product manufacturer's website :).

Those seats are all good from 1 and 20 pounds, up to a torso height of about 17 inches (40-48 inches depending on how the kid is built, in general), and up to 40 pounds with the harness. They are *Perfect* choices to keep a 31 pound 3 yo harnessed for 1-2 more years :)

Thank You!!! I was certain they wouldn't have been recommended by you guys if they weren't ok, but wanted to double check. Hopefully we will find one that works and is within dh's "budget" this coming weekend....DD is very excited to get a new carseat...she keeps asking me when we're going to go pick it up...b/c I tried her in the Chase this weekend. She had about 2" before she reaches the top slot....so I'd like to try her in a couple others and see if they are any taller!

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
I have been trying to find a good seat for my dd - 3yo/31lbs/36"/FF and several of you recommended the Cargo, the Chase, Bolero, or Generations. I have looked at the Chase so far and am going out of town to look at the others...but when I was looking at one of the sites it said they are for 4yrs old and older...so is it safe to put my 3yo in one? I don't know what else to get for her...she is tall and thing and long-torsoed...I could investigate rf, but even then it'd only last for a couple more lbs (33?)...trying to keep the cost down as well...dh said no to Britax b/c of cost...help!!!

My dd is fairly long torsoed also. She has a Chase in my mom's car. She just turned 4 last month and is about to hit 40 lbs. I think those sites mean that the booster mode shouldn't be used until they are 4 - although that would be awfuly responsible of them ;) Anyway, my dd is just at the top harness slots in the Chase, so we're either going to have to use it in booster mode or look into getting something else for grandma's car.

Have you considered the Apex for higher harness slots?

mominabigtruck

For what you'd pay for a chase or cargo I'd pony up another $30 and get an apex if you have headrests. I have the express, which is pretty close to the chase and my 4.5yo that is 45 inches can sit in it fine with about 1 in until he's at the tops slots. HTH

I'm hoping that the target I'm going to this weekend will have a couple seats I can check out...I like the idea of harnessing to 65lbs...my ds is 5 1/2 & only 43lbs...but he's pretty tall...anyways, there's a chase here in town for $70, so I don't know if dh will go an extra $60 for the apex...but hopefully when he sees it and his little girls says "puleeezzz daddy" (hehe, horrid, I know, but if it works!) maybe he'll do it!!! (Part of the issue is I have to replace both dd's seats this year and we're having another baby...which I have to buy a seat for too!!!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC