Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Truefit in new Subaru Forester??

Has anyone tried a Truefit (rearfacing) in a 2010 Subaru Forester? Any comments on the fit, install etc.?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Truefit in new Subaru Forester??

bumping... I'm interested to hear too, I have a 2009 Forester

We ordered the TFP, should be here Monday. I'll try to remember to let you know how it works out.

While I haven't intalled a True Fit in my 2010 Forester, I have/had installed a rear facing: Boulevard, Complete Air, Radian, and Symphony65 in mine with no problems. All were installed outboard on the passenger side of the vehicle. I did have to move the front passenger seat forward a bit for all of them and my mom frequently has ridden with me and never complained about being uncomfortable - she still had plenty of leg room.

On a side note, the latch in the Forester is wonderful since it is exposed by just removing the fabric that is over the top of it - no digging to find the latch points burried in the seat.

DD - 12/07 - Backless Turbo
    DS - 9/13 - Boulevard

Bumping. I also have a 2009 Forester and am interested to hear how the TFP fits.

Finally installed new TFP in 2009 Forester

Well, we finally installed the TFP in our 2009 Forester. It was really easy to install outboard passenger using LATCH. The only thing is that the front seat has to be moved up quite a bit so that the TFP isn't braced against the back of it. I haven't looking in the car manual yet, but it has advanced air bags, so I'm assuming I can't brace a car seat against the back of either front seat (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I am going to see if our DD fits in the TFP without the infant padding, and hopefully then we can take the headrest off for now to allow for more room up front.

When I have time (which is really scarce), I'm going to try installing it center with the seat belt to see if we have more room up front, and if we can get a good installation too. I know that subarus don't recommend center installations, but the hump in the newer forester isn't too bad.

So, if anyone else has installed a TFP in their Forester, please let me know if you have any tips for maximizing front driver and passenger space!