How long will the CCO last?

HappyMommy

So I am thinking I might want a CCO, but a little concerned that it might not last long enough to make the expense worth it...I am not sure...Will it last the typical kid until 3-4 years old?
Thanks!

ADS

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Ds may not be normal as he creeps to even/above the fourth slots in an xtsl at 28 months, but he outgrew the cco rfing a long time ago.

Spam

It varies by child, Austin's outgrown it rfing and he's even with the top slots ffing at 21 months. I could use it in a pinch if I had to for him. He's not average at all, above 95% in all measurements and wears a 3T.. so maybe he's average size for a three year old? I :love: my cco and although it won't last a long time. I'm hoping our next bean will have a shorter torso. If your kiddos have a shorter torso they could possibly make it to 3 or 4. There are pics of someone's five year old I think in it.

ChristyH

My DD just turned 2 on Saturday and she's only on the 2nd slots rear facing and has a ton of room above her head. I can see her lasting in it forward facing until at least 3-4 but she's small for her age at just over 20lbs and 31" tall with a short torso.

Definitely depends on how your child grows.

abigaylebelle

My 3 year old fits rear facing in a cco. He's not terribly small 29lbs/36.5" but his torso is fairly short. For forward facing use he would have at least a couple of years.

Laurette

My son would have outgrown it right at 4 years old when he hit 40lbs. His sholders were also even with the top slots at that time.

armywife12

Top slots are about 15 inches so it isn't terribly small but the shell is on the short side, compared to something like the Scenera with the same top slot measurements. I tried my son out in the CCO when he was about 27-28 months old and he was about half an inch below the top slots and his head was peeking above the shell, so he would have had a few more months left in it. His torso is now a smidge over 15 inches and would now be too big for it. His torso is a little on the longer side though. Parents that get the CCO should be aware that another rear facing convertible seat is most likely in their future. With all that said, I still plan on getting the CCO when we have another baby (next year hopefully)

Lemonade

My DD, who is tall, will grow out of it in the next 6 months or sooner RF. My DS, who is 4+ can just fit in it FF. He's 40 inches and 33 pounds. He's just under the top slots. But at that age there is no shoulder room, even for a skinny guy.
It's darn cute!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
My average-ish DD1 had just barely outgrown it by height when we got it last fall. So, she would have outgrown it FF at 3.5 or slightly later.

LSinCC2.jpg

RF, I'd be hard-pressed to say that she'd have made it to age 2.5 height-wise. (Would have made it to at least 3 weight-wise.)

LSinCCRF.jpg

HappyMommy

Thanks for your help! I think it might work for me...
Is it easy to install? Does it typically require pool noodles for install? Thanks!

Splash

Yes you probably will need a noodle. It won't last as long as some seats, but you buy things for kids as they grow their entire lives. How is outgrowing a seat any different than shoes or jeans?

HappyMommy

Yes you probably will need a noodle. It won't last as long as some seats, but you buy things for kids as they grow their entire lives. How is outgrowing a seat any different than shoes or jeans?

Well, this is important to me b/c the CCO is a rather expensive seat. I am not going to spend a lot of money on something that will only last a couple of years. This is why I always buy children clothes on clearance b/c kids outgrow clothes extremely fast so I don't think it's worth spending a lot of money on.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Thanks for your help! I think it might work for me...
Is it easy to install? Does it typically require pool noodles for install? Thanks!

I'd say you won't need a noodle to get the right angle. The Coccoro is VERY easy to adjust to whatever angle you want. Some people find that a noodle helps improve stability (a use approved by the manufacturer), so you might need one in that case, though I never have. Combi is now providing a "recline block" that's sort of like a noodle but flatter and denser. You have to call them to get one, but they'll send it for free. I imagine the new Coccoros (due out sometime after July) will come with it.

If money is very important to you, then the Coccoro is not the seat for you. You will likely need another seat--possibly to RF, most certainly to FF. If you don't have a problem spending the money now, and some more two+ years from now, it could be a great choice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC