Are play yards worth it?

steph_s

I haven't read all of the other responses yet, but the play yard is one of those baby gear things that gets A LOT of use around my house! I have 3 of them for my foster babies. I travel a lot to the lake, to families houses out of town, ect. and it's a life saver! I have one that has a changing table and bassinet on it and it is really nice to keep in the living room for naps, diaper changes, ect. but I wouldn't say it's necessary.

If your stuck on wanting a "nursery" check out children's re-sale shops, ebay and cragislist for these type of items. The whole baby bedding set is really pointless though! You can't use the comforter unless you want to hang it on the wall and then it just collects dust and makes more work for you having to wash it. You shouldn't use the bumpers on the crib because of the suffocation hazard. The little lamps are cute, but not necessary as they are often a tad too bright for nighttime feedings and diaper changes and when your kid gets older they will just yank it down on themselves and you will remove it when they move to a big kid bed. That leaves you with the 1 crib sheet, a crib skirt and window covers. Not really worth the $ if you ask me! I have found some super adorable stuff at the re-sale shop and made curtains and pictures for my nursery without dropping all that money. I think total I spent $50 and that is for all window covers, pictures, crib skirts on 2 cribs, and a really cute rug I found that matches at a garage sale for $3. Spending hundreds on a "crib set" is really the most useless thing I see new parents register for. Save yourself the money and frustration later and skip it. Trust me looking at the awesome bedding set that got barfed on and collected dust hanging on the wall, ect. will make you want to throw up yourself when you think of what you could have spent the money on!

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC