Why one cannot own only Radians...

AtTheSouthDam

Because they won't fit in the back of a 2009 Mustang, LATCH or Seat belt. It looked like it *might* fit RF, but I'll bet the LATCH anchors were still too high to get a good install. And there was no way I would fit in the front seat with it RF. My first truly incompatible car with the RN :( The funny part was after I tried the spare RN in the Mustang DH suggested we use the seat in his car. Umm... that's a RN too.. lol

The Harmony booster however fit perfectly in those deep seats! DD1 fit pretty well too :thumbsup: That alone made the seat worth the $13 to keep around for friends.

The Young sport actually fit really well too. I was afraid it would be to big but it fit in the seat nicely, did not over hang or squish the sides. It was very easy to get in tightly and out easily. I was afraid the embedded LATCH anchors would cause issues. The only problem was the leg room was not enough for DD2's feet. She had to sit frog style, but after RF so long she didn't mind a bit :D

Normally, I would not install car seats in my sister's car. However, an unexpected, window shattering event changed our plans of taking the van. The girl's enjoyed riding in the "fast car!"

ADS

christineka

Yeah. I have three radians. I was going to sell the only other harnessed seat- the avenue, but then realized that if I ever needed a seat to put in another vehicle I should have a non-radian sitting around. I'm now trying to sell it because I have the true fit that should fit in most vehicles.

ChckLiz

I don't have a RN but I totally know what you're talking about for leg room and the LATCH anchors - they seemed like they sat up in the back of the seat pretty high to me. We took my son in my brother's 09' mustang. After this pic was taken he ended up crossing his legs in his seat too!

(This was his first ride in this car.. the child is OBSESSED with his uncle's car!! so he was grinning and jabbering the whole way!)
24245_1307228083670_1319581480_30917766_3952193_n.jpg

radians are actually truly incompatable with the third row bench in my mercury moneray minivan.. Forward facing no matter what I do they pull out away from the seat like 4 or 5 inches, but do not move side to side at belt path, and they simply do not fit rear facing.
I just only use them in the captains chairs.

AtTheSouthDam

I don't have a RN but I totally know what you're talking about for leg room and the LATCH anchors - they seemed like they sat up in the back of the seat pretty high to me. We took my son in my brother's 09' mustang. After this pic was taken he ended up crossing his legs in his seat too!

(This was his first ride in this car.. the child is OBSESSED with his uncle's car!! so he was grinning and jabbering the whole way!)

Mine too! We heard about the horses on everything, how fast it was, etc the entire trip from my tiny introvert! It wasn't until we got into the butterfly pavilion the conversation changed ;)

radians are actually truly incompatable with the third row bench in my mercury moneray minivan.. Forward facing no matter what I do they pull out away from the seat like 4 or 5 inches, but do not move side to side at belt path, and they simply do not fit rear facing.
I just only use them in the captains chairs.
Isn't that van similar to the Freestar? Is the rear bench different? I can get the FF in back of my Freestar without too much trouble though it does take a couple tricks. I have two Radians and can work a three across back there now (not that I would ever have to but I can!)

featherhead

24245_1307228083670_1319581480_30917766_3952193_n.jpg

When he is forward-facing you need to make sure the straps come from above his shoulders. In your picture it looks like they are below.

Isn't that van similar to the Freestar? Is the rear bench different? I can get the FF in back of my Freestar without too much trouble though it does take a couple tricks. I have two Radians and can work a three across back there now (not that I would ever have to but I can!)

I am not sure about the free star.. I have plans to try one last trick with them though lol.

ChckLiz

When he is forward-facing you need to make sure the straps come from above his shoulders. In your picture it looks like they are below.

They're right at his shoulder, I guess they do need to be moved up though. He's still RFing.. this was just a quick trip and kind of spare of the moment. *my brother thought you just sit the car seat ON the seat without buckling it.. :rolleyes:*

featherhead

They're right at his shoulder, I guess they do need to be moved up though. He's still RFing.. this was just a quick trip and kind of spare of the moment. *my brother thought you just sit the car seat ON the seat without buckling it.. :rolleyes:*

Kinda what I thought. I saw in your siggie he's normally rear-facing in it, so I thought you may have just forgotten when putting it forward-facing for that trip.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC