At 17 months, he is *still* below the bottom MA slots

Splash

He's pretty close to even, but he is definitely below them. It doesn't bother me, I know he's completely safe. But I just can't believe that at 17 months he still doesn't technically fit.
I don't have a pic of Sam, but here is Charlie in the MA at the same age (almost exact). The slots in the cover didn't exactly line up, he was a hair above the third slot and likely would have required the top slot in a vehicle.
409890451_4e021147de.jpg

409890383_505084b712.jpg

And for fun, this is a pic of Charlie in the MA at 4.5, using the THIRD slots. That's right, he went from the top slots at 18 months to the third slots at 4.5. Lost that 1/2" of diaper height, and his torso didn't grow at all in that time, and barely his legs. He wore the same clothes for nearly 3 years.

4067119514_e863afc810.jpg

ADS

MANDY1234

your Charlie is so flipin cute...I'm just saying ;)

Oh and please post more pictures of Sam...I think Mya and him could make a good couple, and I could really use a nice Florida vacation spot :whistle:

munchkin

I thought Charlie was cute now, but OMG he was absolutely gorgeous as a toddler! I love those cheeks and that hair.

tiggercat

Wow. I just moved my Sammy's up to the 2nd slot, though I think he might be a smidge below. I like my harnesses tight though, and I was squishing him down so much with the harness so far below his shoulders.

They really need to add a lower harness slot to that seat if they are going to rate it for 5lbers...

Splash

No, I moved him out of it last week because he just looked ridiculous in it. He still fit and he liked it, but it was just too goofy. Plus he wanted to be outboard and it's not a good fit outboard because of the depth of the seat. I put it in for Sam while I washed his CCO.

Splash

just fine! he is very respectful to his car seats.

I put the CCO back together and put it in the 3rd slots. He's still a bit below them, but so far over the second they fall off his shoulders. So, 1st for MA, third for CCO. Wow.

zactayaus

Wow, he's got one short torso! I too have some short torsoed kiddos (well Taylor and Austin that is). Gavin is my only giant torso kid and is already over the 2nd slots on his MA at just over 12 months of age.:eek: I haven't measured them in a while, but I believe Austin's torso is around 16" at 7yo and Gavin's is around 13".

mamabear

My nephew is 28 months old and is just dead even with the bottom slots on his MA. (he is, of course, RF'ing still)

arly1983

WOW!

That is just amazing!

To me your S and mine looked the same height with mine loooking a little chunkier. My S is dead even with 2nd from the bottom slots on the MA when RFing. Strange....

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
And then there is my freak of a third child, who was at the bottom slots at about 1 week of age when I put her in one...

Splash

Charlie fit in it from birth, easily. He was over the bottom slots by a month old and in the second slots by six months.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC