I just saw an IRL swedish seat!!!

AlmostFive

I never thought I would see an ERF child in central Indiana never mind a swedish seat! I was leaving dd's soccer game this morning and noticed that the car next to me had a 3 year old RF in what looked like a Britax seat. I commented to the Mom about how nice it was to see another older child RF and she said it was probably because they were from Sweden. I got all excited and asked if I could see the seat. I think they thought I was completely weird so I just took a quick look. I think it was a TWE. I LOVED the 'well' for the feet to go in. It looked so comfy!

This just made my day!

ADS

NannyMom

Awesome! I would have been so excited to see that too :) I heard there was once a Swedish seat in my area.... but the parent took it to a seatcheck and a CPST police officer confiscated it :rolleyes:

2BunniesMommy

LOL! If that mom already thought she was weird, just imagine if she had started snapping pics! I took would have loved to see them though:whistle:

libranbutterfly

That is so cool! I have a family from Sweden at my child care center, and have seen pics of both the kids RF at grandma's house in Sweden (4 and 2) but here the 2 yr old is FF and the 4 yr old is boostered. I guess grandma makes them RF the children when they are there?

brightredmtn

I met a family that had just moved here from Sweden so naturally I asked what their car seat was and they had a three year old in a booster. What a let down!

AliciaM

CPS Technician
Awesome! I'm in central IN as well and would be totally shocked and excited to see one of those here.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I just ran into a local mom here who had a 2yo rf in a TWE. She was from Sweden. :)

edit: I looked at the pics and the one I saw was an MT. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

AlmostFive

In looking at those pictures, I think it was a Britax Hi-way instead of a TWE.

Are there really 4 of us in Indiana? Cool!

Cilia

I don't have a two way, but the seat that was a big hit before the hi-way, a Free-way (if I remember the name correctly) in Sweden. I will have to remember to take a photo of it when I go next time and post it here.

ntrenary

Someone posted a Britax on our local freecycle. I answered the ad because I usually pick them up and recycle them. When I pulled up to the house I told my DH, "that doesn't look like a Britax". I got out and realized it's a swedish seat. I've been playing with it all day. It's so cool!
It's a foreward facing harness seat. I didn't think they harnessed FFing. I think it's called a Duo.

ntrenary

I usually pick them up because they never verify the date of manufacture on freecycle and I've never picked one up that wasn't digusting and very expired. If it's on freecycle it's almost always going to be expired and I'd rather recycle it instead of someone using it with a kid or throwing it in the trash. People in my local area don't give away nice stuff most of the time. Which I guess is the idea of freecycle. One man's trash is another man's treasure!:)
I was starting to wonder about this Duo. It only goes up to 18kg which is the same as 40lbs, right? But, it's still cool to see isofix, IRL! I wonder why they don't make isofix here in the US.

InternationalMama

I usually pick them up because they never verify the date of manufacture on freecycle and I've never picked one up that wasn't digusting and very expired. If it's on freecycle it's almost always going to be expired and I'd rather recycle it instead of someone using it with a kid or throwing it in the trash. People in my local area don't give away nice stuff most of the time. Which I guess is the idea of freecycle. One man's trash is another man's treasure!:)

That makes sense. I think people in my area must just be very friendly because people give away lots of nice stuff on Freecycle. :)

I was starting to wonder about this Duo. It only goes up to 18kg which is the same as 40lbs, right? But, it's still cool to see isofix, IRL! I wonder why they don't make isofix here in the US.

I think they don't make isofix in the US because there hasn't been (and may still not be) a standard spacing for LATCH anchors so there would be too many vehicles it wouldn't work in. Also, and maybe more importantly now that things are getting more standardized, it's more expensive to make rigid LATCH rather than flexible. I think it is wonderful for installation though (so many fewer errors to make!) and it is also supposed to be better in at least some types of crashes (less side to side movement).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC