GN & CA ?

Who has/does own both?

I'm trying to compare harness heights & am not sure if I'm doing this right. LOL...

My DS has just finally gone over the top slots in his FPSVD in my moms car. I was scoping the CA at Walmart today & had a thought. Since we need an alternative seat for DHs car I was wondering if he'd fit the CA. My thoughts are get him the CA so he can still be harnessed until he hits 50lbs or the top slots & we could easily switch it between DH's car & my mom's car. Then, when he outgrows it I can give the CA to one of the girls & get him a Turbo booster or the like & then possibly another CA for the other girl.

He's currently 46.8 pounds & 44.4". He is just now needing the harness on his GN to be moved to the top slot. So I know the CA wouldn't last super long but likely long enough to get him old enough to be ready to booster train.

Or maybe I should just stick w/ another GN. Ugh, the decisions.

Thoughts?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The CA top slots are about an inch lower than the GN's. So you wouldn't have much time. Some, but not much.

The Maestro's are taller than the CA, and it's $75, with a 50 pound harness limit as well.

Wendy

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I have them. They are my kids primary seats. My dd is right where your son is...just a tiny bit above the second to top slots in her GN....do you want me to see how she fits in the CA? I'd have to put it in FFing, but it wouldn't take but a few minutes.

If it's really no biggie to you that would be great but you surely don't have to if you don't want to.

I guess I need to hunt down who has a Maestro & try DS in it too.

Really? I own both and it doe not seem that way to me, it seems the CA has taller harness slots. I guess I will have to get the good ol tape measure out.

That would be awesome.

I made a lame attempt to compare the CA to the GN at Walmart today but wasn't too sure.

I finally found a Maestro nearby so I'll go scope it tomorrow.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC