Question Just thinking ahead.

ChckLiz

I'm trying to plan ahead.. got plenty of time to really figure it out but it was on my mind. I'm (hoping) I can get Jonah RF to 3 in his Como.. I was going to buy a TF the other day and DH had a fit about that! I have a GN coming that he'll be using in DH's car or other cars if need be but the Como will definitely be RF in mine until he's outgrown it.

Anyways.. I seen a post on here the other day about how Marathons sit really high on a base and that as a FF seat it has bad head excursion (or something like that) and was wondering if that would be the case with the como since it also sits high? Would it be better, when the time comes, to use the GN in my car since it's the main car and use the Como as a back up seat then? Also would it be better to use the GN in my car since it doesn't have top tethers?

Like I said, I have plenty of time for all of this, I was just curious!

TIA!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I would imagine it's similar as the Marathon, yes.

The lower to the car's seat a person sits the lower their head excursion would be. I don't know exact numbers, but I would imagine the Nautilus is less than the Marathon and Como. The Radian less than the Nautilus, the Ride Safer Travel Vest less than the Radian.

However, all seats pass testing with a lap belt only and no top tether. If you don't have top tethers, and can't get them retrofitted, I wouldn't stress too much in your average car.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC